Freddie Gray‘s sister, much like other families who’ve lost loved ones to police brutality, wants peace and not violence. But the protests and riots in Baltimore have turned ugly. The community is divided of those who feel this is the wrong reaction and others who believe this is fair given the way black people have been treated by the police.
Listen to the audio player to hear Rickey Smiley and our listeners discuss their feelings about it and let us know what you think in our poll. Are the rioting and violence justified?
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” weekdays from 6-10 a.m. EST!
Baltimore Reacts To The Freddie Gray Case [PHOTOS]
1. Fire eruptsSource:Getty Images 1 of 19
2. After being pepper sprayedSource:Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images 2 of 19
3. Injured manSource:Drew Angerer/Getty Images 3 of 19
4. Smoke conditionSource:Samuel Corum/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images 4 of 19
5. Mondawmin Mall clashSource:Drew Angerer/Getty Images 5 of 19
6. Mowdamin MallSource:Drew Angerer/Getty Images 6 of 19
7. Lining up to mourn Freddie GraySource:Getty Images 7 of 19
8. GrievingSource:Getty Images 8 of 19
9. New Shiloh Baptist ChurchSource:Getty Images 9 of 19
10. Honk for JusticeSource:Drew Angerer/Getty Images 10 of 19
11. Police in riot gear confront protestersSource:Alex Wong/Getty Images 11 of 19
12. Police in motionSource:Alex Wong/Getty Images 12 of 19
13. ConfrontedSource:Alex Wong/Getty Images 13 of 19
14. Facing downSource:Alex Wong/Getty Images 14 of 19
15. On the groundSource:Alex Wong/Getty Images 15 of 19
16. Atop a carSource:Alex Wong/Getty Images 16 of 19
17. Remembering Freddie GraySource:The Washington Post/Getty 17 of 19
18. Black Lives MatterSource:Robin Akinwale, WERQ 18 of 19
19. Marching to police stationSource:Getty Images 19 of 19
Keep Up With Rickey Smiley On Facebook!