Dallas Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban recently spoke at the annual GrowCo conference in Nashville and during his speech that was supposed to grant pointers to bright-eyed business hopefuls about how he became a billionaire, Cuban kept it all the way real with how he feels about race. When asked how to keep bigotry out of the NBA, Cuban said, “You don’t. There’s no law against stupid. I’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are.”
Cuban continues, “I know I’m prejudiced, and I know I’m bigoted in a lot of different ways. If I see a black kid in a hoodie on my side of the street, I’ll move to the other side of the street. If I see a white guy with a shaved head and tattoos [on the side he now is on], I’ll move back to the other side of the street. None of us have pure thoughts; we all live in glass houses,” Tennessean.com reports. This is hilarious, considering the GrowCo conference is is a three-day event for entrepreneurs and business leaders who want to achieve sizable growth within their organization. Guess he ran out of business advice to give…?
Cuban, however did warn the audience before his speech that he was going to go “full Mark Cuban,” which he did. Cuban’s statements may seem shocking, but here’s the silver lining–at least he knows and is able to acknowledge his own racism. That’s at least half the battle–knowing the problem exists and admitted that you have one.
However, it is a bit funny for Cuban to admit to visually judging Black kids in hoodies when most of his basketball team is Black and more than likely own hoodies. Well, at least he’d be equally as discriminatory against White men with shaved heads. Does that make his bigotry better? Sure–if there was a such thing as better bigotry. SMH. Moral of story here? Racism will always exist, no matter if you admit it or not.
Check Out This Gallery Of The Most Racist Moments Of Last Year:
The Most Racist Moments Of 2013
1. The Most Racist Moments Of The YearSource: 1 of 23
2. Black ESPN Sportscaster Receives Racist Letter From A ‘Fan’ [PHOTO]Source: 2 of 23
3. White Man Slaps Baby & Tells Mom To ‘Shut That N*gger Baby Up’Source: 3 of 23
4. Dear, Lisa Lampanelli: You Will Never Be A N*gga, So Stop Saying ItSource: 4 of 23
5. LL Cool J ‘Accidental Racist’ Lyrics: ‘In Its Proper Context, It Makes Sense”Source: 5 of 23
6. Twitter Reactions To Jamie Foxx’s Trayvon Martin T-Shirt Prove Racists Love Still The InternetSource: 6 of 23
7. 11-Year-Old Mexican-American Singer Taunted By Racist Tweets After Singing National AnthemSource: 7 of 23
8. Wait, What?! Paula Deen Wants Slaves Serving At Her Dinner Party + 3 Of Her Most Racist QuotesSource: 8 of 23
9. Lies Racists Tell: Paula Deen’s Sons Claim She’s No Racist & Even Taught Them Black HistorySource: 9 of 23
10. Stacey Dash Defends Paula Deen + 5 Other Non-Black Celebs Who’ve Used The N-WordSource: 10 of 23
11. WTF?! Rush Limbaugh Decides That He Can Now Say, ‘N*gga’ [VIDEO]Source: 11 of 23
12. Justin Bieber Drops ‘N-Word’ On New Track?Source: 12 of 23
13. Salon Writer Calls Eric Holder President Obama’s “Inner Ni***r!” Did He Go Too Far?Source: 13 of 23
14. New Cheerios Commercial Starring An Interracial Couple Causes Big StirSource: 14 of 23
15. Italy’s First Black Minister Attacked & Called A ‘Symbol Of A Hypocritical, Do-Gooding’Source: 15 of 23
16. First Indian Miss America Receives Support After Racist BacklashSource: 16 of 23
17. WTF?! 21-Year-Old White Girl Boasts Racist African Bday Party On Facebook [PHOTOS]Source: 17 of 23
18. Don Lemon, Your Mother’s Advice To You As A Child Will Not Save The World From Racism [VIDEO]Source: 18 of 23
19. Sorry Not Sorry: Barneys Offers Their ‘Deepest Apologies’ By Hiring A Civil Rights ExpertSource: 19 of 23
20. Kanye West Gives Middle Finger To Black Community: Wears Confederate Flag To BarneysSource: 20 of 23
21. GOP Thanks Rosa Parks For Ending Racism & ‘Black Twitter’s’ Responds With JokesSource: 21 of 23
22. New Miss France Celebrates Her Mixed-Race Heritage In The Midst Of Racist BacklashSource: 22 of 23
23. The N-Word Vs. African American?! TMZ Launches Poll On What To Call Black People Because Of Suge Knight's CommentSource: 23 of 23
Keep Up With Rickey Smiley On Facebook!
Mark Cuban Admits To Being Prejudiced, Do You Agree With His Comments? [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com