Time hosted its second annual women of the year gala last night. The star-studded event celebrated 12 extraordinary leaders working toward a more equal world. Check out a gallery from the event, which included VIP guests like Angela Bassett, Quinta Brunson, Phoebe Bridgers, Cate Blanchett and more.
The notable publication held its second annual Time Women of the Year gala yesterday (Mar. 8) on International Women’s Day. The event celebrated the honorees of this year’s TIME Women of the Year list, recognizing 12 extraordinary leaders working toward a more equal world, which debuted on March 2.
Honorees in attendance included Angela Bassett, Cate Blanchett, Quinta Brunson, Megan Rapinoe, Ramla Ali, Masih Alinejad, Olena Shevchenko, Ayisha Saddiqa,Verónica Cruz Sánchez and Phoebe Bridgers, who was also the night’s special guest musical performance.
Time selected this year’s leaders based on their significant impact in their respective communities and fields, ranging from activism and government to sports and the arts, with many having faced immense challenges that inspired them to push for change.
The Gala took place at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles in Beverly Hills and Time CEO Jessica Sibley welcomed guests and honorees and following the passionate honoree speeches, honoree and musical guest Phoebe Bridgers took the stage to perform two of her hit songs “Kyoto” and “Emily I’m Sorry.”
In addition to the honorees, the celebrity filled Gala attendees included Rita Moreno, Anita Hill, Tiffany Haddish, Yvonne Orji, Courtney B. Vance, Li Jun Li, Olivia Culpo, Brooke Shields, Kat Graham, Rickey Thompson, Rupi Kaur, Crime Junkie host Ashley Flowers, Nicole Avant, Higher Ground Head of Film and TV Tonia Davis, and Essence CEO Carolina Wanga.
The event was presented by P&G and supporting partner FIJI Water.
Check out photos from the beautiful event below:
Time’s Second Annual Women of the Year Gala Was A Star-Studded Event [Gallery] was originally published on globalgrind.com
1. Time’s 2023 Women of the YearSource:Getty
2. Angela Bassett Being Embraced With LoveSource:Getty
3. Yvonne Orji Is All SmilesSource:Getty
4. The Ladies Were SuitedSource:Getty
5. A Beauty IndeedSource:Getty
6. Slay RickeySource:Getty
7. Just Flawless Execution Across the BoardSource:Getty
8. Time Women of the Year 2023Source:Getty
Images from Time’s Women of the Year Second Annual Gala time,women of the year
9. Back to the Looks!Source:Getty
10. Women Supporting WomenSource:Getty
11. The Women of the YearSource:Getty
12. More Hugs PleaseSource:Getty
13. Power SuitSource:Getty
14. The Women Had Something To SaySource:Getty
15. Quinta Brunson Is A GemSource:Getty
16. Cheers LadiesSource:Getty
17. Speeches GaloreSource:Getty
18. Women of the YearSource:Getty
19. Power to WomenSource:Getty
20. The Ladies Had A Time Last NightSource:Getty
21. Rare Holly Robinson Pete SightingSource:Getty
22. Surely, Quinta’s Speech Was Inspiring & EntertainingSource:Getty
23. Elegance & ClassSource:Getty
24. The Love Was RealSource:Getty
25. Women Steppin’ OutSource:Getty
26. Vibrance & BeautySource:Getty
27. Star Studded EventSource:Getty
28. Effortless SlaySource:Getty
29. We’re Not Over the LooksSource:Getty
30. A Performance For the AgesSource:Getty
31. Showered With PraiseSource:Getty
32. A Class ActSource:Getty
33. Hollywood’s FinestSource:Getty
34. Black Women Are EverythingSource:Getty
35. Tiffany x Angela, That’s A Beautiful SightSource:Getty
36. You Deserve, Quinta!Source:Getty
37. As Do You, Mrs. Angela!Source:Getty
38. More of This!Source:Getty
39. All the HonoreesSource:Getty
Da Brat Cradles Her Adorable Baby Bump On Instagram
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
‘The Wire’ Actor Lance Reddick Has Died, Age 60
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Reign Man: Shawn Kemp Arrested For Alleged Drive-By Shooting Incident
Tyler Perry And Byron Allen Are Reportedly Interested In Buying BET, Twitter Reacts
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Michael B. Jordan And Jonathan Majors Give Angela Bassett A Shoutout At The Oscars