When you’ve been in the public eye for over two decades and counting, it’s a given that you may rack up a few lovers along the way. Sure, everyone can’t have the longstanding bond that Jay-Z and Beyoncé have shared as dual superstars for an unwavering 20-plus years — the events of LEMONADE and the new revelations in Hov’s latest track, “I Want You Forever,” notwithstanding — it’s always been understood that, for the rest of us, sometimes it’s just best to move on.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
We say all that to build ourselves up to breaking down the dynamic dating history of veteran rapper/actor Common. The 51-year-old Chicago native has been a hitmaker on the Billboard charts since the release of his debut LP, Can I Borrow a Dollar?, back in 1992. He made a turn in Hollywood a decade later with a small role in the 2002 Black household classic, Brown Sugar, going on to star in bigger roles like Smokin’ Aces alongside Alicia Keys (2006), big budget franchise films like Terminator Salvation (2009), leading man roles like Just Wright (2010) and most recently the 2023 ensemble cast satirical comedy, Fool’s Paradise; directorial debut of Charlie Day, one of the late Ray Liotta’s final films.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
With all that on paper, the Oscar-winning emcee seems like a catch in terms of dating. Ironically enough, he appears to be currently linked to a fellow Academy Award recipient — an EGOT at that! — the multitalented Jennifer Hudson. After years of keeping things on the low, the pair made a “coy” appearance together on her namesake talk show to kinda-sorta, almost-certainly confirm the relationship.
Take a look below to see what we mean:
While they sure do make for a compatible couple, especially with Common being one Tony Award away from EGOT status himself, some people couldn’t help but bring up his infamous history of being a bit of a serial dater. Publicly at that.
It all started with his Soulquarian “work wife” of sorts, the majestic neo soul queen Erykah Badu:
…then came a young Taraji P. Henson once he officially crossed over onto Hollywood:
…he later embraced his “sporty side” by dating Serena Williams:
….and did it for the people by dating beloved political analyst, Angela Rye:
…and just before Jennifer, went on a brief “comedy tour” by embarking on a (yet again) public relationship with comedic actress Tiffany Haddish:
Is history repeating itself with J-Hud? Should Common have the freedom to date at his own pace, with a devilish grin along the way? Do we as a public have any agency over minding business that doesn’t mind us back? Can we at least get a lip-lock confirmation?!
At the end of the day, we wish all the best for Jennifer Hudson and Common in their new(ish) journey together as a couple. Do you agree? Take a look below at what social media is saying on the subject:
- Common and Jennifer Hudson Confirm They’re a couple: ‘This Relationship Is a Happy Place’
- Jennifer Hudson Is ‘Courtside Cute’ While Enjoying A Night Out With Common
- Salute: Common Called A “Beautiful Man” By Jennifer Hudson Amid Dating Rumors
The post Should Common Keep The Coy Act Up In Confirming His Relationship With Jennifer Hudson? appeared first on Black America Web.
HEAD BACK TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
Should Common Keep The Coy Act Up In Confirming His Relationship With Jennifer Hudson? was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
1. Common: “We keep it private but I want to acknowledge how wonderful she is, and how great she is” Jennifer: “ I feel the same way about my partner” 🥺🥺🥺🏾
2. Yall excited about Common dating Jennifer Hudson why? He ran through 😵💫
3. Common is quite a fitting name Erykah Badu 2000-2003 Kerry Washington 2003-2004 Taraji P Henson 2005-2007 Serena Williams 2007-2010 Laura Dern 2016 Angela Rye 2017- 2019 Tiffany Haddish 2019-2022 Jennifer Hudson- 2022- present
4. Jennifer after asking Common about his relationship status:
5. Jennifer Hudson and Common don’t even look right together. But lemme shut my single ass up
6. Please let Common & Jennifer Hudson be happy. Don’t project your personal feelings & bitterness on relationships on to them. Some of us are out here searching for own love too. They’re not loving each other for our approval. Don’t rain on their parade 👍🏾
7. I just want Common & Jennifer Hudson to leave us out of the breakup. 🥴
8. This @JHudShow episode is amazing! Loving @IAMJHUD and @common together! Jennifer is coming into her own as a host too!
9. Love is in the air! 💑 Common and Jennifer Hudson spill the beans on The Jennifer Hudson Show, confirming their relationship with sweet banter and laughter. Common praises his ‘beautiful’ partner, sharing the joy she brings into his life. Wishing this adorable couple all the happiness! 🌟❤️ #Common #JenniferHudson #CoupleGoals
10. Common is a serial monogamist Jennifer Hudson just his latest victim.
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Mo’Nique Offers An Apology To Oprah Winfrey And Tyler Perry
Mo’Nique’s Feud With Son Sparks Debate On Family Fighting In Public
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Worst. Flight. Ever. : Delta Flight Forced To Turn Around After Maggots Fell From Overhead Bin
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65