Rappers Who Changed Their Names (PHOTOS) was originally published on globalgrind.com
1. This guy used to go by the name of Tity Boi.
2. Now, he’d appreciate it if we called him 2 Chainz.
3. N.O.R.E. used to stand for “Niggaz On The Run Eatin.”
4. Today, he prefers “P.A.P.I.,” which stands for “Power Always Proves Intelligence.”
5. One of rap’s legends used to go by the name of Biggie Smalls.
6. Because of legal issues, he then changed his name to The Notorious B.I.G.
7. The real OG Snoop Doggy Dogg.
8. After numerous name changes, and his recent “reincarnation,” he’d prefer to be called Snoop Lion.
9. This rapper originally went under the moniker “Therapist.”
10. Now, we know him as J. Cole.
11. Diddy has been through many name changes: Sean “Puffy” Combs, Puff Daddy, and P. Diddy.
12. After several changes, he finally settled down with Diddy.
13. Believe it or not, the “Be” rapper was originally named Common Sense.
14. He dropped the end of the name and simply goes by Common.
15. Brrr. The CEO of Cash Money Records originally named himself Baby.
16. He now famously goes by Birdman.
17. Throwback of Lil Romeo.
18. The obviously matured adult now prefers the name Romeo.
19. Lil Bow Wow, you just don’t know.
20. He originally went by the name Lil J, then switched to Yung Jeezy.
21. The rapper now goes by Jeezy.
22. We all remember The Game back then…
23. He dropped the first half and goes by Game.
24. This classic rapper is well known as Mos Def.
25. As of 2012, he goes by the name Yasiin Bey.