Love Em Or Hate Em: On Screen Moms was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
1. Kimberly Elise played the naive, yet insanely sweet mom in ‘Set It Off’
2. Monique played the hilariously funny mom on “The Parkers”
3. Wendy Racquel Robinson played the funny, neck-rolling ‘Tasha Mack’ on The Game.
4. Tasha Smith starred in ‘Daddy’s Little Girl’s’ as the ghetto, loud-mouthed baby mama.
5. Janet Hubert played the sassy mom on ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’
6. Lisa Raye played the funny, witty mom on “All About Us”
7. Nia Long played the lovable mom in “Big Mama’s House”, “Are We There Yet”
8. Jackee Harry is most known for her role as “Lisa” in Sister, Sister.
9. Whitney Houston played Jordin Sparks’ mom in ‘Sparkle’
10. Who can forget A.J. Johnson in “Baby Boy” as Jody’s fun-loving, feisty mother. (PR)
11. Juanita Moore’s classic role as a maid whose daughter rejects her to pass as white in “Imiitation of Life.” (Retna)
12. Angela Bassett as the “uppity” mom in “Jumping The Broom” or vengeful in “Waiting to Exhale” she always aces it. (PR)
13. Jenifer Lewis has been everyone’s mama, including Tina Turner to Melvin’s in the “Temptations” & many more. (PR)
14. Alfre Woodard has commonly played the homemaking,hardworking, kind mother and does it great every time. (PR)
15. It was hard not to hate Lynne Whitfield in “Madea’s Family Reunion” in her role as an evil mom.
16. Irma P. Hall’s role as “Big Mama” in “Soul Food” surely had everyone leaving the theater in tears. (PR)
17. Loretta Devine has many heartwrenching roles as mom, including her classic role in “Waiting to Exhale.” (PR)
18. Diahann Carroll as the single mother in “Claudine” is very memorable. (PR)
19. Cicely Tyson always sheds a lot of wisdom to her deserving daughters in her roles as mom. (PR)
20. Halle Berry earned an Oscar for her role as mom in “Monster’s Ball.” (AP)
21. Maybe memorable for not being so good, Beyonce played “Sharon” young mother in “Obsessed.” (PR)