20 Celebrities Who Are Also Millionaire Businesswomen
was originally published on
1. After starring as Carrie Bradshaw on “Sex & The City,” Sarah Jessica Parker used her stardom to launch SJP. The footwear line is now available at Zappos and Nordstrom.
2. Gisele Bundchen has made a fortune off the runway through lucrative campaigns with H&M and Chanel. Also, she’s profited from clothing of her own, such as the jelly sandals she designed in 2014.
3. Despite being absent from daytime television, Oprah Winfrey has become a billionaire through spin-offs like Dr. Phil and her network, OWN.
4. In this day and age, politicians are just as much celebrities as they are public figures. Hillary Clinton’s income is largely based on books, speaking tours, and The Clinton Foundation.
5. Love her or hate her, Kris Jenner is one badass momager. She’s turned her children’s 15 minutes into a business empire.
6. She sings, she acts, she dances, and she’s also business savvy. Last year, Jennifer Lopez outbid P. Diddy in a bidding war for FUSE. Boss, or nah?
7. Famous for being famous? Kim Kardashian works pretty damn hard, and earns her fortune from multiple television shows, makeup products, clothing lines, and more.
8. Beyonce is not just her name, it’s a global brand that launches sold out world tours and successful albums and music singles.
9. Aside from reality television, Kandi Burrus is a millionaire businesswoman who has earned her fortune from “not being afraid to take risks.”
10. Not only has Shonda Rhimes earned millions through her Shondaland empire, but she also changed Hollywood for Black actresses.
11. The shirt says it all. After leaving the runway, Tyra became the CEO of Bankable productions and the company has produced 21 seasons of ANTM.
12. Rihanna’s star power has landed her a million dollar fortune from clothing lines, high fashion campaigns, and hit singles.
13. Sofia Vergara is the highest paid television actress. You’ve seen her face on commercials for Pepsi, AT&T, CoverGirl, and many more.
14. Outside of the music scene, Jessica Simpson’s been busy building a billion dollar retail company. The Jessica Simpson collection consists of footwear, jewelry, sunglasses, and more.
15. She demands exceedingly high fees as an actress, but she uses her fortune for good. In addition to working behind the screen as a director and producer, Angelina Jolie is well known for her humanitarian work in war torn countries.
16. Kimora Lee Simmons built a fashion fortune with Russell Simmons. Since their divorce, her checks have kept coming thanks to reality television, clothing lines, and more.
17. Jessica Alba’s The Honest Co. is now worth $1 billion.