OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The Holiday’s Hottest Gift Pack Presented by AT&T, Rethink Possible Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 6:00 am EST and end on Friday, December 9, 2011 at 10am EST (“Contest Period”).
Every day, for the duration of the Contest Period, The Rickey Smiley Morning Show, will award $100 to one (1) contest winner. On Friday, December 9, 2011 one (1) grand prizewinner will be randomly drawn to win the Holiday’s Hottest Gift Pack Presented by AT&T, Rethink Possible.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show (also “RSMS”) who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Rhode Island) and are 18 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
- Listeners must text the keyword ATT100 (ATT one zero zero) to short code 80185 weekday mornings (Monday through Friday) from December 5 2011 – December 9, 2011 between 6:00am ET – 10:00am ET. Standard text and data rates will apply.
- All text entries must be received by 10:00 am EST on December 9, 2011
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show will randomly draw one (1) $100 winner a day from among all eligible entries received via text message.
- One (1) grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing to win the Holiday’s Hottest Gift Pack Presented by AT&T, Rethink Possible.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s text entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the mobile account at the time the entry was made.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of the RSMS who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Rhode Island) and are 18 years of age and older.
Employees of Radio One, Inc. (“Radio One”), The Rickey Smiley Morning Show broadcast on affiliate radio stations including, but not limited to Chicago, IL – WPWX-FM, Dallas, TX -KBFB-FM, Atlanta – WHTA-FM, Philadelphia, PA – WPHI-FM, Detroit-WGPR-FM, Miami-WEDR-FM, St. Louis, MO-WHHL-FM, Baltimore, MD-WERQ-FM, Cleveland, OH-WENZ-FM, Orlando, FL-WJHM-FM, Milwaukee, WI-WNOV-AM, Milwaukee, WI-WNOV-FM, Elizabeth City, NC-WKJX-FM, Oklahoma City, OK-KVSP-FM, Greenwood, MS-WGNL-FM, Greenwood, MS-WGNG-FM, West Helena, AR-KCLT-FM, Birmingham, AL-WENN-FM, Louisville, KY-WWPW-FM, Tulsa, OK-KJMM-FM, Gainesville, FL-WTMG-FM, Little Rock, AR-KZTS-FM, Columbia, SC-WHXT-FM, Toledo, OH-WJZE-FM, Huntsville, AL-WEUZ-FM, Huntsville, AL-WEUP-FM, Augusta, GA-WFXA-FM, Jackson, MS-WRBJ-FM, Lansing, MI-WQHH-FM, Fayetteville-NC-WCCG-FM, Flint, MI-WOWE-FM, Shreveport, LA-KBTT-FM, Tyler, TX-KBLZ-FM, Tyler, TX-KAZE-FM, Montgomery, AL-WKXN-FM, Macon, GA-WIBB-FM, Savannah, GA-WEAS-FM, Myrtle Beach, SC-WDAI-FM, Wilmington, NC-WMNX-FM, Lubbock, TX-KBTE-FM, Charleston, WV-WRVZ-FM, Columbus, GA-WBFA-FM, Dothan, AL-WJJN-FM, Rocky Mount, NC-WRSV-FM, Florence, SC-WYNN-FM, Alexandria, LA-KBCE-FM, Monroe, LA-KRVV-FM, Albany, GA-WJIZ-FM, Columbus, MS-WMSU-FM, Lawton, OK-KJMZ-FM, Meridian, MS-WJXM-FM, Friars Point, MS-WNEV-FM, Anniston, AL-WGBZ-FM, Anniston, AL-WGBZ-FM, Anniston, AL-WGBZ-AM (the “Participating Stations”), their respective officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, competitors, general sponsors (including AT&T), promotional partners, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and those living in the same household (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
2. If any selected winner is under the age of eighteen (18) or resides outside of the continental United States (or in Rhode Island), they will be disqualified.
3. RSMS and Radio One (together “Company”) assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, traffic congestion, unauthorized human intervention, or any other type of error or malfunction that may prohibit a contestant’s ability to participate in the promotion.
4. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from RSMS within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from RSMS during any thirty (30) day period.
- One Hundred Dollars ($100) will be awarded to one (1) winner each day throughout the duration of the Contest and one (1) grand prize winner will be awarded a Gift Pack that includes: one (1) Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket OR HTC Vivid, one (1) HTC Jetstream Tablet, one (1) Jawbone Icon Headset, one (1) Jawbone Jambox and Jam Chain, and one (1) ERA Headset (total value approx $2,000).
Neither AT&T nor Radio One Inc. will be providing internet access or phone service for any of the prizes awarded to the winner. It will be the responsibility of the winner to set up service for the prizes being awarded at their sole cost and expense.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Company in its sole discretion.
- All contest winners must sign and date official release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
4. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Prize check will be mailed to the winner via certified mail upon receipt of a signed release form with a copy of the winner’s government-issued photo I.D.
5. If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of Company if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
6. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by Company. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email, mail and/or phone within ten (10) days after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have ten (10) days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within ten (10) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by Company, or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and if time permits, at the discretion of Company, an alternate entrant will be selected as the winner by random drawing from among the remaining entries.
- Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize. .
1. During the Contest Period, The Rickey Smiley Morning Show will solicit eligible listeners to text keyword ATT100 (ATT one zero zero) to short code 23088.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show will randomly draw one (1) $100 winner a day from all eligible entries received via text message, for a total of five (5) $100 winners.
- On Friday, December 9, 2011 one (1) winner will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received via text message and awarded the Holiday’s Hottest Gift Pack Presented by AT&T Rethink Possible.
- Prize checks will be mailed to winners after all requested release forms have been received.
- Grand prize winner will be contacted by phone and provided with instructions for claiming the prize.
6. All decisions made by Company regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show and or Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. Company retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed.
7. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold Company, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Company has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Dates and times of concerts, events, and trips promoted by Contest sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of Company. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. Company is not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
10. Company, the Participating Stations, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of Company and will not be returned.
11. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond Company’s control which, in Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Company reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at its sole discretion.
12. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.