With the holidays right around the corner, stores are preparing for some major Black Friday shopping. Despite the changes in recent years (stores not opening Thanksgiving night, the rise of online shopping, etc.), Black Friday remains one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Last year, sales drew 66.5 million Americans to shop in person and 88 million to shop online.
If you are looking for the best places to shop, then you’re in luck because WalletHub has compiled a list of the best Black Friday shopping spots. For this survey, WalletHub gathered nearly 4,000 deals from 16 of the biggest U.S. retailers’ 2022 Black Friday ad scans. With that, they were able to identify the stores offering the biggest discounts in various departments, including jewelry, toys, appliances, and more.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
With that, here are the best Black Friday retailers this year, based on average discount percentage:
|1. JCPenney (64.71%)||6. Lenovo (40.67%)|
|2. Belk (64.23%)||7. Target (32.87%)|
|3. Macy’s (53.05%)||8. Big Lots (32.86%)|
|4. Office Depot and OfficeMax (49.93%)||9. Academy Sports + Outdoors (31.10%)|
|5. Kohl’s (44.23%)||10. The Home Depot (30.90%)|
Here are some key findings from the survey:
- JCPenney offered the highest overall discount rate at 64.71%. Meanwhile, the lowest overall rate can be found at Costco, with an overall discount rate of 16.8%.
- The overall average discount for Black Friday is 37%. WalletHub suggests that you aim for this discount amount or high to avoid Black Friday traps.
- “Apparel & Accessories” is the category with one of the biggest shares of discounted items (21.09%), while the “Furniture” category has the lowest (3.73%).
Visit WalletHub to check out the full report and rankings in each individual category.
- Wrongfully Convicted Victim and Civil Rights Lawyer Speak Out to Raise Awareness
- “New Besties” Meg The Stallion and Vice President Kamala Harris Celebrate Women’s History Month
- Black Tony Is Finally Coming To Work…At 11 O’clock [WATCH]
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER!
HEAD TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
2022’s Best Places To Shop on Black Friday was originally published on foxync.com
Da Brat Cradles Her Adorable Baby Bump On Instagram
‘The Wire’ Actor Lance Reddick Has Died, Age 60
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Reign Man: Shawn Kemp Arrested For Alleged Drive-By Shooting Incident
Tyler Perry And Byron Allen Are Reportedly Interested In Buying BET, Twitter Reacts
Michael B. Jordan And Jonathan Majors Give Angela Bassett A Shoutout At The Oscars
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Stephen A. Smith Admits His Beef with Kyrie Irving Is Personal And “His Daddy Knows Why,” Twitter Reacts