The bicyclist who was recorded on video attacking teenagers in Maryland for putting up posters to raise awareness about police brutality has been arrested and consequently got fired from his job. The unidentified kids were doing their part to seek justice in the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis when a white man riding his bike stopped, got off and physically assaulted the children while trying to snatch the posters away from them last week.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
The video ultimately went viral resulting in the Maryland-National Capital Park Police Department on Friday arresting Anthony Brennan III, a 60-year-old resident of the town of Kensington. Brennan was charged with three counts of second-degree assault.
It was announced later in the day that Brennan had been fired from his job as a vice president with MadeToOrder, a company that says it specializes in creative sourcing and sales of branded products.
In case you missed it, the video showed Brennan acting reprehensibly around and toward children who were doing something positive in their community. It starts out showing Brennan, gripping an apparent handful of the posters, stalking toward an apparent child holding more of posters before an adult voice off-camera can be heard yelling, Hey! Leave her alone!”
That prompted Brennan to do a 180 and go after another apparent child holding posters behind him.
Another voice off-camera yells, “Do not touch her!” A male voice yelled, “Leave her alone! But Brennan ignored both and proceeded to grab the child and tried to violently yank the posters away from her. That’s when someone enters the frame and steps in between the girl and Brennan, yelling, “Get off of her!”
Brennan simply responded by saying, “Fuck you.”
He then got his bike and seemingly tried to use it as a weapon by lunging it at the person filming the entire episode, forcing that person to drop the cellphone that was recording Brennan.
Watch the video below.
The swift action against the wannabe vigilante came nearly two weeks after a white woman called police on a Black man who asked her to abide by the law and put her dog on a leash in Central Park. The woman, later identified as Amy Cooper, presented herself as the victim and called police to report “an African American man” who she said was “threatening” her. Cooper’s clearly racist actions were condemned widely, leading her employer to fire her from her lucrative job at a hedge fund.
This is America.
'Karens' Gone Wild: Videos Show Privileged White Women Won't Stop Trying To Police Black People
1. Stephanie Denaro, AKA "Bagel Karen"1 of 27
2. Courtside Karen2 of 27
3. Arlo SoHo Karen3 of 27
4. Trader Joe's 'Karen'4 of 27
5. 'Karen' the angry neighbor5 of 27
6. ‘Karen’ Pulls Gun On Black Woman And Daughter After Chipotle Argument6 of 27
7. Nurse ‘Karen’ Fired7 of 27
8. St. Louis 'Karen'8 of 27
9. ‘Karen’s Husband’ Investigated After Calling Cops On Black Men9 of 27
10. Convenience Store ‘Karen’10 of 27
11. Nurse ‘Karen’ Loses Her Job For ‘Black Privilege’ Video11 of 27
12. Seattle ‘Karen’ Has A Total Meltdown After Black Driver Records Her ‘White Tears’12 of 27
13. Officer ‘Karen’ Is Slammed For Crying White Tears Over McDonald’s Wait13 of 27
14. Kroger ‘Karen’ Blocks Black Mother From Pulling Out Of Parking Lot Over ‘Gatorade’14 of 27
15. San Francisco ‘Karen’ Who Called Cops Over ‘BLM’ Art15 of 27
16. Karen the "Shorewood Spitter"16 of 27
17. Karen's husband17 of 27
18. Karen's other husband18 of 27
19.19 of 27
20.20 of 27
21.21 of 27
22.22 of 27
23.23 of 27
24.24 of 27
25.25 of 27
26.26 of 27
27.27 of 27
HEAD BACK TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
Arrested And Fired! Cyclist Who Attacked Teens Putting Up Signs About George Floyd Is Charged was originally published on newsone.com