The lifestyle of a Hollywood star like Lala Anthony is a busy one. From filming projects, stepping out for press appearances, working on her fashion line and juggling the full-time job as a mom, it’s all quite the whirlwind. So, while the star is known for her amazing beauty and fashion moves, it’s not that surprising that she is guilty of one of the biggest makeup faux pas.
As a matter of fact, we are all guilty of it, but knowing that Lala also forgets to take off her makeup at night lets us know that celebrities are just like us. In a recent interview with ESSENCE, the Power actress revealed that sometimes she’s so tired that removing the day’s makeup can become a low priority.
“I was so tired last night,” Lala shares with ESSENCE. “I woke up and Ashley was in the room. She said ‘you didn’t take your makeup off from last night?’ But I was so tired, but I’m not advising that,” she said. “I got to get better at it.”
She continued, “I have to do a better job at my skincare routine. My best friend, Kelly Rowland, is the master at all of that,” she said. “She’s constantly sending me products and every time we FaceTime, she has a mask on and then a whole beauty light or an LED light on her face. I haven’t gotten that far yet but I want to encourage all my people to make sure you do wash your face every night and take all the makeup off.”
And she is absolutely right! Failing to take off your makeup at night can result in dirt and debris clogging your pores and forming blemishes. You always run the risk of your complexion appearing dull, getting an infection, developing a rash and even breaking down your skin barrier and prematurely aging your skin.
Are you also guilty of not removing your makeup before bedtime? Let us know in the comment section down below!
Black Don't Crack! 31 Celebs Who Never Seem To Age
1. Angela Bassett: Age 61Source:false 1 of 31
2. Halle Berry: Age 53Source:false 2 of 31
3. Nicole Murphy: Age 50Source:false 3 of 31
4. Viola Davis: Age 52Source:false 4 of 31
5. Kerry Washington: Age 41Source:false 5 of 31
6. Gabrielle Union: Age 45Source:false 6 of 31
7. Bianca Lawson: Age 39Source:false 7 of 31
8. Sade: Age 59Source:false 8 of 31
9. Nia Long: Age 47Source:false 9 of 31
10. Sanaa Lathan: Age 46Source:false 10 of 31
11. Cicely Tyson: Age 93Source:Getty 11 of 31
12. Rachel True: Age 50Source:false 12 of 31
13. Renee Elise Goldsberry: Age 47Source:false 13 of 31
14. Iman: Age 63Source:false 14 of 31
15. Lisa Bonet: Age 50Source:false 15 of 31
16. Tamara Tunie: Age 59Source:false 16 of 31
17. Janet Jackson: Age 52Source:false 17 of 31
18. Rutina Wesley: Age 39Source:false 18 of 31
19. Regina Hall: Age 47Source:false 19 of 31
20. Cynthia Bailey: Age 51Source:false 20 of 31
21. Elise Neal: Age 52Source:false 21 of 31
22. Marjorie Harvey: Age 53Source:false 22 of 31
23. Garcelle Beauvais: Age 51Source:false 23 of 31
24. Salli Richardson: Age 50Source:false 24 of 31
25. Holly Robinson Peete: Age 5525 of 31
Say What? Lala Anthony Is Guilty Of This Beauty Faux Pas was originally published on hellobeautiful.com