The Queen of Soul will be laid to rest on Friday (Aug. 31). Her funeral is an invite only event, but the general public will be able to watch and listen to the service for Aretha Franklin in its entirety.
National broadcasters including HLN and the Word Network are planning to air the complete five-hour-long funeral. Scheduled to perform are Stevie Wonder, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Hudson and Chaka Khan. Former President Bill Clinton, Smokey Robinson, Tyler Perry, Rev. Jesse Jackson, and Clive Davis are a few of the speakers set to appear.
Per Billboard, MSNBC, and CNN will air portions of the service live, and Detroit residents can watch on a number of local stations. Several national publications such as USA Today, the Associated Press, ABC News and BET will live stream the service on their websites.
The funeral will begin at 9 A.M CT and gospel powerhouses such as Marvin Sapp, the Clark Sisters, Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Shirley Caesar and Yolanda Adams are scheduled to perform.
- Slick Woods Reunites With Her Mom After 17 Year Prison Bid…They Are Twins! [PHOTO]
- An 11-Year-Old Was Arrested For Refusing To Stand For The Pledge Of Allegiance
- Keshia Pulliam’s Ex-Husband Ed Hartwell Reportedly Married His Mistress
- Spike Lee and Chadwick Boseman Team Up For Netflix Project
- Report: A Grand Jury is Being Seated Due to New R. Kelly Sex Tape and Allegations
- End Of A Era: Payless To Close All 2,100 Stores In The United States
- Sailor Behind Iconic World War II Times Square Kiss Photo Dies at 95
- What Do You Need To Know?: Tekashi69 Plea Deal Revealed, He’s Telling On Everybody
- Superhero Guide To Black History Month: Andrew Gillum
- PoPo Got The Strap: NYPD Officer Told Cops To Shoot 50 Cent On Sight, Under Investigation