A Florida mother is livid after she learned that her 11-year-old son was handcuffed at school by a police officer for dribbling a basketball.
According to News4Jax, after a Jacksonville youth basketball league game, Fatayi Jomoh was told to bouncing a ball. When he didn’t, an officer cuffed him in order “to teach him a lesson.”
When Jomoh’s mother, Bunmi Borisade, heard about the incident, she couldn’t believe it. She was in another part of the gym and didn’t witness the incident firsthand.
“A little girl came up to me and said, ‘Hey, excuse me. Your son is being arrested for dribbling a basketball.’ I said, ‘You can’t be serious,’” Borisade said.
Thankfully, Jomoh, an honor roll student, wasn’t arrested, but he still had to endure the humiliation of being cuffed in front of his peers and other adults.
As a direct result, Borisade filed a complaint with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, stressing that the officer was only aggressive with her son because she wasn’t by his side.
“The officer who handcuffed my son looked at me and said, ‘He was being disrespectful,’ “I said, ‘Well, why didn’t you come and tell me? I’m his mom.’”
While Borisade doesn’t give her a son a pass for acting out, she strongly believes he didn’t deserve to be handcuffed. Now, she claims that he is afraid of the police and doesn’t think very highly of them.
“It’s ruined (my image of police) as well. I’m not going to lie and put on a show for the news,” Borisade said.
- How Jeremih Got Kicked Off His Own Tour [EXCLUSIVE]
- Praise Break: “O Holy Night” Version That Will Make You Call Out For God [EXCLUSIVE]
- Da Brat Talks About How Wendy Williams Scared Her [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Trifling Fox News Thinks Patti LaBelle Is Aretha Franklin
- Rickey Smiley: “Work With The Spirit Of Excellence” [EXCLUSIVE]
The White Woman Who Called Police At A Black BBQ Has Become The Greatest Meme Of All Time
1. White Woman Calls The Cops And The Internet Makes Her Famous1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12. Gotta Love This One12 of 13
13. Lastly, Watch These White Tears…13 of 13
Meet The Mother Whose Child Was Handcuffed For Dribbling A Basketball was originally published on hellobeautiful.com