Police have arrested a second suspect in the murder of rapper XXXTentacion. Michael Boatwright, 22, was arrested by Broward County Sheriff’s Office deputies on July 5, but for a different, unrelated charge.
Deputies said Boatwright is one of two armed men who confronted XXXTentacion, whose real name was Jahseh Onfroy, in an apparent armed robbery on June 18. XXXTentacion was shot to death while he was leaving a motorcycle shop in Deerfield Beach.
Detectives have also charged 22-year-old Dedrick Williams in the shooting. Williams is accused of driving the SUV that cut off XXXTentacion’s vehicle as he was leaving the business.
Boatwright was originally arrested July 5 on unrelated drug charges. However, on Tuesday, detectives served him with a warrant for first-degree murder.
Boatwright now has the additional charge of attempted murder.
The authorities are still seeking a third suspect, thought to be the gunman, as well as a person of interest named Robert Allen.
- 5 Ways To (Not) Celebrate The Fourth Of July
- FedEx Asks That Washington NFL Team Be Renamed, Name Under Review
- We Didn’t Ask For This: NFL To Play Black National Anthem Before Games In Week 1
- The NBA Season Might Be A Wash Due To COVID-19 Says Commissioner Adam Silver
- DJ Akademiks Suspended From Complex For Slandering Chrissy Teigen, Freddie Gibbs Approves
Photo: Broward Sheriff’s Office
2nd Suspect Arrested In Murder Of XXXTentacion [VIDEO] was originally published on hiphopwired.com