Rickey Smiley played Jonathan McReynolds‘ “Lovin’Me” and the song is so powerful. The lyrics talk about being broken as he grew up and God always being by his side. Sometimes we are faced with challenges and feel like less of a person, but God wants us to know that no matter what we are special.
Jonathan also spoke about looking in the mirror and how when God loves you there is no falling low. Pastor Haynes called in and the song inspired him and said, “When others are throwing shade, God’s love will give you shine.” Sometimes people don’t want to see you thrive and rather put you down, but God’s got our back.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Video Surfaces of Police Arresting 6-Year-Old Girl In Florida
- Octavia Spencer Shines As Millionaire Hair Empress Madam C.J. Walker In Majestic “Self Made” Trailer
- Good Hair, Bad Hair: 5 Films That Explore The Nuances Of Black Hair
- Is It Ever Okay For Non-Black People To Say The N-Word? [VIDEO]
- Gary’s Tea: Future Has Baby Mama Drama.. Again!
- Report: Gavin Porter, Nephew Of Tyler Perry, Dead At 26 After Hanging Himself In Prison
- Future Claims Alleged Baby Mama Called Child A “Check Baby”
- LL Cool J Talked Kobe Bryant Out Of Dropping A Gangster Rap Album
- Woman Calls On Jesus After Being Shot At Church, Survives
- California Couple Arrested After Being Accused Of Killing 3 Roommates Over Rent Dispute