President Donald Trump announced his Supreme Court pick Monday night, and it was just as horrific as everyone predicted: Washington veteran Brett Kavanaugh. The Yale University and Yale Law School graduate worked for President George H. W. Bush, President George H. W. Bush and Clinton hater Kenn Starr. He was problematic on many fronts but probably his scariest attribute, which was no doubt a plus for Trump, was being famous for believing sitting presidents should not undergo criminal investigation or prosecution. Basically, he thinks presidents are above the law. Like a mafia boss, Trump looked to put a consigliere on the payroll to protect himself.
During a stiff speech in the White House from Kavanaugh, the 53-year-old pulled a remix version of the “I have Black friends card” and said, “My mother taught history at two largely African-Americans public schools so I understand the importance of equality.” Clearly, his mother was teaching him a whitewashed version of history. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be anti-affirmative action.
The NAACP reacted swiftly.
“Brett Kavanaugh is a dangerous ideologue whose extreme views on civil rights would solidify a far right majority on the Supreme Court,” the civil rights group said in a statement. “Coming after Neil Gorsuch’s appointment, a Kavanaugh confirmation would re-make the Court in President Trump’s own image. This prospect is unacceptable to the American people, and the NAACP is ready to lead the fight of a generation.”
The statement continued: “The NAACP knows Judge Kavanaugh well. We opposed his confirmation to the D.C. Circuit for good reason. In his 12 years on the bench, he has proven us correct. He has been a strong and consistent voice for the wealthy and the powerful. Over and over again, he has ruled against civil rights, workers’ rights, consumer rights, and women’s rights. ”
The NAACP wasn’t alone, as Twitter reacted pretty similarly.
- How To Get Super Close & Personal With The Rickey Smiley Morning Show! [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: D.A.R.E. Starts Petition To Cancel ‘Euphoria,’ Says Show Glamorizes Kids On Drugs [WATCH]
- Kobe & Gianna Bryant Remembered With A Statue At Crash Site Of Their Deaths
- Bobby Brown Documentary & Docu-Series Show Headed To A&E In 2022
- Mary J. Blige Reveals She Didn’t Feel Beautiful Until 2016
Every Time Auntie Maxine Waters Proved She Was Unbought And Unbossed
1. The LegendSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Maxine Waters Telling People To Push Back Against The Trump AdministrationSource:false 2 of 9
3. Shoot Straight
Source:false 3 of 9
Rep. Maxine Waters: "We have some members of Congress who are intimidated. I have no fear. I’m in this fight…If you shoot me, you better shoot straight. There’s nothing like a wounded animal…They dare me to say impeach him. Today I say Impeach 45." #FamiliesBelongTogether pic.twitter.com/OwNTvR5PSg— Keith Boykin (@keithboykin) July 1, 2018
4. Auntie Maxine Rips Into Ben CarsonSource:false 4 of 9
5. Maxine Waters Lays Into Republican Who Says Sarah Sanders Being Refused Service At A Restaurant Is Like Jim CrowSource:false 5 of 9
6. Maxine Waters Shuts Down Paula FarisSource:false 6 of 9
7. Maxine Waters Calming People During The 1992 Los Angeles RiotsSource:false 7 of 9
8. Reclaiming My Time!Source:false 8 of 9
9. And, Of Course, There's the RemixSource:false 9 of 9
Twitter Reacts To Trump’s Supreme Court Pick Brett Kavanaugh was originally published on newsone.com