Rickey Smiley took time out to make sure parents are having conversations with their children about what’s going on in America. He mentioned that this isn’t the same America it was 2 years ago. Since Donald Trump got into office many believes that more White people are showing their racist side.
Rickey spoke about how White people need to speak out and up more for Black people. He said if he watches a woman get raped and doesn’t help he’s just as guilty as the person hurting her. Rickey then played a segment of a news clip where the newscaster spoke about the cop tackling a Black teenager and the death of Stephon Clark.
Listeners then called in about some of their experiences and one mentioned he was fired for his political views about Trump. Another caller spoke about how his daughters and wife were almost hit by two White women as they crossed the street. The cops really couldn’t do anything about it and it was disheartening. Rickey spoke about how he notices it more and more everyday.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Quarantine Meals: Pulled Pork Sliders With Carolina Gold Slaw Recipe [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Report: Derek Chauvin, Ex-Minneapolis Cop At Center Of George Floyd’s Death, Arrested
- Black Tony Is Babysitting And He’s Scared! [WATCH]
- Ro James Talks The Influence Of Gospel Music And His New Album ‘Mantic’ [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Kel Mitchell And His Wife Announce Their Second Baby Using “Wipe It Down” Tik Tok Challenge
- Gym Patrol Gary: White Man Loses Office Lease After Calling Police On Black Entrepreneurs Using Gym
- Looking Ready To Pop, Ciara Debuts A Platinum Blonde Lewk
- Minneapolis Protestors Set Fire To Police Station Then Set Off Fireworks [VIDEO]
- Did Fired Officer Derek Chauvin Know George Floyd?