Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart are both known for their biting social and political commentary and have had massive success in many arenas by way of stand-up comedy. The two are returning to their comedy roots and announced a joint tour that kicks off next month.
Paste Magazine reported on the news Monday (May 14) which is sure to delight their respective legion of devoted fans. As Paste notes, Chappelle has been keeping busy in recent times by way of his Netflix specials while Stewart, who walked away from Comedy Central’s The Daily Show in 2015, has made plans to get back to the stage after signing a deal with HBO.
Paste notes that Chappelle, also a Comedy Central alum by way of his eponymous comedy series, and Stewart joined comedic forces last August during Chappelle’s residency run at New York’s Radio City Music Hall.
In a bid to ward off folks trying to get tickets and run up the price, Ticketmaster rolled out its “Verified Fan” feature for the seven-date tour.
The shows kick off June 11 in Boston at the Wang Theatre before ending in El Paso, Texas near the end of the month.
Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart Tour Dates:
11 – Boston, Mass. @ Wang Theatre
12 – Boston, Mass. @ Wang Theatre
13 – Boston, Mass. @ Wang Theatre
21 – Houston, Texas @ Smart Financial Centre
22 – Houston, Texas @ Smart Financial Centre
23 – El Paso, Texas @ Chavez Theatre
24 – El Paso, Texas @ Chavez Theatre
- Issa Recap: Twitter’s Most Talked About Moments From The Lox & Dipset Verzuz Battle
- DaBaby Reportedly DaDropped The Ball on Delivering Apologies To Festivals
- Front Page News: Two More Officers Who Responded To Capitol Riots Have Committed Suicide [WATCH]
- Nurse Alice Informs Parents On How To Prep Kids For Returning To In-Person School [WATCH]
- Motherly Bond: Coco Austin Reveals Why She Still Breastfeeds Her 5-Year-Old Daughter
Dave Chappelle & Jon Stewart Will Hit The Road In Joint Comedy Tour was originally published on hiphopwired.com