It is Mental Health Awareness Month and Shanti Das is talking about getting help for family as well as yourself. She talked about how her father committed suicide when she was a baby, her best friend a couple years ago and even she’s had thoughts about it. Shanti admitted suffering from depression and how it has changed her life.
She also mentioned that people think therapy is expensive, but if you go to a clinic, support groups or see a license therapist it can be cheaper to get the help you need. Some are just scared to take the steps to get the help. She launched this campaign of World Silence Day, helps with developing free mental health trainings and more.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Discovery+ Greenlights 50 Cent’s ‘Confessions Of A Crime Queen’ Drama Series
- Hot Spot: Jaleel White Says The Cast Of ‘Family Matters’ Did Not Welcome Him On TV One’s Uncensored [WATCH]
- Pregnant Woman Gives Birth On A Flight To Honolulu Unknowingly
- Kandi Burruss Talks Bedroom Preferences, Says She Has ‘No Interest’ In A Threesome With Two Men
- Drake’s Son Adonis Left In Awe By LeBron James’ Game
- Washington Wizards Make Bold Statement With New Team Photo
- Playing In Our Faces: White Atlanta Cop That Killed Rayshard Brooks Reinstated
- Supreme Court Weighs Reducing Crack Cocaine Sentences
- Boston George, Drug Runner Whose Life Inspired Movie ‘Blow,’ Dies At 78
- Vanessa Bryant’s Mambacita Clothing Line Honoring Gigi Bryant Sells Out In A Day