A video of a young lady named, Chiquita Clemons-Howard went viral as officer threw her down to the ground and exposed her. Chiquita and a friend asked for a plastic knife and form and the waitress wanted to charge them money for it, which isn’t necessarily the policy. She then asked for the corporate phone numbers and that’s when the police were called.
When the officers got there they took Chiquita and assaulted her. Attorney Benjamin Crump mentioned that the officers didn’t ask any questions of witnesses and took The Waffle House’s narrative only. Two of the White women who were there came to the protest to speak out about the fact that the ladies did nothing wrong. Chiquita was unarmed, choked, exposed and it wasn’t right.
A protest in Alabama was held and Benjamin mentioned the police came with full force. He believes they’re trying to intimidate us and they won’t. This is a case of discrimination and he wants the company to know that we won’t spend our money there if something isn’t done about it.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- This Is Why Black Women Die At A Higher Rate From Breast Cancer Though They’re Diagnosed Less Than White Women
- Gary’s Tea Exclusive! Cory Hardrict Said THIS Yesterday Before The Divorce From Tia Mowry Was Announced! [WATCH]
- Kandi Mocks Marlo Hampton In Instagram Video For Saying She’s Not Worldwide [WATCH]
- Janet Jackson Is Front Row Royalty At The Louis Vuitton Show For Paris Fashion Week
- Tracee Ellis Ross Shares How She ‘Gets It In’ While In The Gym
- Jay-Z Leads Huge Investment In Pizza-Making Robots
- Fenty Beauty On The Hunt For The Next ‘Fenty Face’ To Model In Upcoming 2023 Campaign
- Supreme Court Rejects Candace Owens’ Petition After ‘Fact Checkers’ Called Out Her COVID-19 Lies
- Hot Spot: Drake & Taylor Swift To Release A Kanye West Diss Track?! [WATCH]
- No Expulsions After Racist ‘Slave Auction’ Staged By High School Football Players In Viral Video