Lauryn Hill’s classic debut turns 20 this August and she plans to bring the album to life once again. She has announced a world tour where it will be performed in full.
In conjunction with Live Nation, the original Fugees member will be hitting the road to celebrate The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill. She details the importance of revisiting her most critical work to date.
“This album chronicled an intimate piece of my young existence. It was the summation of most, if not all, of my most hopeful and positive emotions experienced to that date. I Loved and believed deeply in my community’s ability to both Love and heal itself provided it received the right amount of support and encouragement. Our world today, both complex and changing, is in need of the balance between moral fortitude and cathartic expression. I hope the Love and energy that permeated this work can continue to inspire change with Love and optimism at the helm.”
Twenty-eight dates have been confirmed for the North American leg of the tour with stops including Miami, Atlanta and New Orleans. In addition she will be headlining the iconic Apollo Theatre in Harlem on May 1.
A portion of the sales will be donated to the MLH Foundation, which directly contributes support for education, health, agriculture, technology, and community based businesses and development initiatives throughout the Diaspora.
You can find the 20th anniversary tour schedule below:
Tickets go on sale Friday, April 20 at LiveNation.com.
- West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘An Ape In Heels’ Faces 30 Years In Prison For FEMA Fraud
- Gary’s Tea: Gucci Mane Puts 60-Carat Diamond Ring On Keyshia Ka’oir Finger, Wendy Williams Staff Allegedly Happier That She’s Gone & More [VIDEO]
- Report: Kaepernick, NFL Resolve Collusion Case
- Deion Sanders And Tracey Edmonds Get Engaged!
- Family Affair: Tiffany Haddish Shares Funny Story That Drake & His Daddy Slid Into Her DM’s
Ms. Lauryn Hill Announces The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill 20th Anniversary World Tour was originally published on hiphopwired.com