How much is too much to allow a 2-year-old to live?”
This was the question asked by Prince George County’s State Attorney Angela D. Alsobrooks (D) asked the jury in her opening statement.
“Is it $200? Is it $400? Is $600 the magic number?” she said.
It’s hard to believe a father would kill his child, not to mention her mother, because of child support. But on Tuesday, a jury convicted a Maryland man named Daron Boswell-Johnson on two counts of murder in the double killing.
Reports say not long after Boswell-Johnson became a father he took to the Internet posting questions that related to child support in hopes that other dad’s who had gone through it could help.
According to the Washington Post, in 2015 Boswell-Johnson’s posts asked, “How can I stop child support?” “How does the court know if child support is not paid?” he typed shortly after.
And in January 2016, he asked, “What if I am behind on my child support?”
It would only be a few weeks later that his paycheck would start seeing a $600 a month garnish. Soon after, in the early morning of Feb. 2, 2016, his daughter Chloe Davis-Green and her mother, NeShante Davis, were dead.
With no gun and no DNA evidence linking Boswell-Johnson to the murder scene, prosecutors relied on his videotaped confession to detectives, cellphone records, surveillance videos and notes he wrote to his loved ones before heading to jail.
“I know I failed you as a son,” he told his mother.
See a short video where Boswell-Johnson is being interviewed by cop.
“I’m not the monster they are making me seem to be,” he wrote to the mother of his other two children.
WP reports eventually, after hours of denials, Boswell-Johnson confessed, prosecutors said. He woke up in the early hours of Feb. 2 and drove to Fort Washington, parking his car down the street from Davis’s home, then sat on the steps two houses away waiting for Davis to emerge for work, detectives testified, describing Boswell-Johnson’s confession.“I want to talk about child support,” Boswell-Johnson said to her, according to his recorded police interview.
When she refused to talk, he pulled a gun from his waistband and fired, he said in his confession. Davis was shot in the back and Chloe suffered two gunshot wounds, with the bullets piercing her car seat, according to expert testimony at trial.
The close-range gunfire was so violent, according to prosecutors, it blew Chloe out of her car seat and the beads out of her hair.
“He went there to terminate his child support,” Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Ruddy said after showing jurors the bloodstained pink onesie Chloe was wearing the morning of the shooting.
“Chloe was a bill . . . a bill that he wasn’t going to pay.”
After the killing, Boswell-Johnson fled and went to work. Read more on the story here.
- Gary’s Tea: Future Has A Message For Ciara, Da Brat & LisaRaye Share Emotional Moment On Television & More
- Benzino Allegedly Facing Jail Time
- Coins For Christmas Starring Essence Atkins Premieres This Sunday On TV One
- Kodak Black: New Heat For Your Playlist
- Pharrell & Robin Thicke Ordered To Pay Marvin Gaye’s Family $5 Million In “Blurred Lines” Copyright Battle
In Memoriam: Notable Deaths In 2018
1. Willie Naulls, 84Source:Getty 1 of 36
2. Olivia Hooker, 103Source:Getty 2 of 36
3. Kim Porter, 47Source:Getty 3 of 36
4. Willie McCovey, 80Source:false 4 of 36
5. Ntozake Shange, 70Source:false 5 of 36
6. George Taliaferro, 91Source:false 6 of 36
7. Otis Rush, 84Source:Getty 7 of 36
8. George Walker, 96Source:Getty 8 of 36
9. Kofi Annan, 80Source:WENN 9 of 36
10. Aretha Franklin, 76Source:Getty 10 of 36
11. Ron Dellums, 83Source:false 11 of 36
12. Angela Bowen, 82Source:false 12 of 36
13. Joe Jackson, 89Source:Getty 13 of 36
14. XXXTentacion, 20Source:Getty 14 of 36
15. Neal Boyd, 42Source:Getty 15 of 36
16. Dorothy Cotton, 88Source:Getty 16 of 36
17. Jalal Mansur Nuriddin, 74Source:Getty 17 of 36
18. Dovey Johnson Roundtree, 104Source:false 18 of 36
19. Velvalea Rodgers 'Vel' Phillips, 94Source:false 19 of 36
20. Doris Ward, 86Source:Getty 20 of 36
21. Yvonne Staples, 80Source:Getty 21 of 36
22. Cecil Taylor, 89Source:Getty 22 of 36
23. Donald McKayle, 87Source:Getty 23 of 36
24. Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, 81Source:Getty 24 of 36
25. Linda Brown, 76Source:Getty 25 of 36
26. Les Payne, 76Source:false 26 of 36
27. Floyd J. Carter, Sr., 95Source:Getty 27 of 36
28. Ensa Cosby, 44Source:false 28 of 36
29. Lerone Bennett Jr., 89Source:Getty 29 of 36
30. Reg E. CatheySource:Getty 30 of 36
31. Lovebug Starski, 57Source:Getty 31 of 36
32. Olivia Cole, 75Source:Getty 32 of 36
33. Wyatt Tee Walker, 88Source:Getty 33 of 36
34. Jesse 'Smiley' RutlandSource:WENN 34 of 36
35. Hugh Masekela, 78Source:Getty 35 of 36
36. Edwin Hawkins, 74Source:Getty 36 of 36
Father Kills Daughter And Ex To Avoid Child Support Payments was originally published on blackamericaweb.com