How much is too much to allow a 2-year-old to live?”
This was the question asked by Prince George County’s State Attorney Angela D. Alsobrooks (D) asked the jury in her opening statement.
“Is it $200? Is it $400? Is $600 the magic number?” she said.
It’s hard to believe a father would kill his child, not to mention her mother, because of child support. But on Tuesday, a jury convicted a Maryland man named Daron Boswell-Johnson on two counts of murder in the double killing.
Reports say not long after Boswell-Johnson became a father he took to the Internet posting questions that related to child support in hopes that other dad’s who had gone through it could help.
According to the Washington Post, in 2015 Boswell-Johnson’s posts asked, “How can I stop child support?” “How does the court know if child support is not paid?” he typed shortly after.
And in January 2016, he asked, “What if I am behind on my child support?”
It would only be a few weeks later that his paycheck would start seeing a $600 a month garnish. Soon after, in the early morning of Feb. 2, 2016, his daughter Chloe Davis-Green and her mother, NeShante Davis, were dead.
With no gun and no DNA evidence linking Boswell-Johnson to the murder scene, prosecutors relied on his videotaped confession to detectives, cellphone records, surveillance videos and notes he wrote to his loved ones before heading to jail.
“I know I failed you as a son,” he told his mother.
See a short video where Boswell-Johnson is being interviewed by cop.
“I’m not the monster they are making me seem to be,” he wrote to the mother of his other two children.
WP reports eventually, after hours of denials, Boswell-Johnson confessed, prosecutors said. He woke up in the early hours of Feb. 2 and drove to Fort Washington, parking his car down the street from Davis’s home, then sat on the steps two houses away waiting for Davis to emerge for work, detectives testified, describing Boswell-Johnson’s confession.“I want to talk about child support,” Boswell-Johnson said to her, according to his recorded police interview.
When she refused to talk, he pulled a gun from his waistband and fired, he said in his confession. Davis was shot in the back and Chloe suffered two gunshot wounds, with the bullets piercing her car seat, according to expert testimony at trial.
The close-range gunfire was so violent, according to prosecutors, it blew Chloe out of her car seat and the beads out of her hair.
“He went there to terminate his child support,” Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Ruddy said after showing jurors the bloodstained pink onesie Chloe was wearing the morning of the shooting.
“Chloe was a bill . . . a bill that he wasn’t going to pay.”
After the killing, Boswell-Johnson fled and went to work. Read more on the story here.
- Diana Ross Defends Michael Jackson After ‘Leaving Neverland’ Controversy
- Watch: Ms. Evelyn Says Iyanla Vanzant Picked On Tamar In “Braxton Family Values” First Look
- Christian Combs Opens Up About Loss Of His Mother, Kim Porter
- Tyson Recalls Nearly 70,000 Pounds Of Chicken Strips That Might Contain Metal
- Florida Teachers Can Volunteer To Carry Guns On School Grounds
In Memoriam: Notable Deaths In 2018
1. Richard Overton, 112Source:Getty 1 of 39
2. Aretha Franklin, 76Source:Getty 2 of 39
3. Charles Weldon, 783 of 39
4. Nancy Wilson, 81Source:Getty 4 of 39
5. Willie Naulls, 84Source:Getty 5 of 39
6. Olivia Hooker, 103Source:Getty 6 of 39
7. Kim Porter, 47Source:Getty 7 of 39
8. Willie McCovey, 80Source:false 8 of 39
9. Ntozake Shange, 70Source:false 9 of 39
10. George Taliaferro, 91Source:false 10 of 39
11. Otis Rush, 84Source:Getty 11 of 39
12. George Walker, 96Source:Getty 12 of 39
13. Kofi Annan, 80Source:WENN 13 of 39
14. Ron Dellums, 83Source:false 14 of 39
15. Angela Bowen, 82Source:false 15 of 39
16. Joe Jackson, 89Source:Getty 16 of 39
17. XXXTentacion, 20Source:Getty 17 of 39
18. Neal Boyd, 42Source:Getty 18 of 39
19. Dorothy Cotton, 88Source:Getty 19 of 39
20. Jalal Mansur Nuriddin, 74Source:Getty 20 of 39
21. Dovey Johnson Roundtree, 104Source:false 21 of 39
22. Velvalea Rodgers 'Vel' Phillips, 94Source:false 22 of 39
23. Doris Ward, 86Source:Getty 23 of 39
24. Yvonne Staples, 80Source:Getty 24 of 39
25. Cecil Taylor, 89Source:Getty 25 of 39
26. Donald McKayle, 87Source:Getty 26 of 39
27. Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, 81Source:Getty 27 of 39
28. Linda Brown, 76Source:Getty 28 of 39
29. Les Payne, 76Source:false 29 of 39
30. Floyd J. Carter, Sr., 95Source:Getty 30 of 39
31. Ensa Cosby, 44Source:false 31 of 39
32. Lerone Bennett Jr., 89Source:Getty 32 of 39
33. Reg E. CatheySource:Getty 33 of 39
34. Lovebug Starski, 57Source:Getty 34 of 39
35. Olivia Cole, 75Source:Getty 35 of 39
36. Wyatt Tee Walker, 88Source:Getty 36 of 39
37. Jesse 'Smiley' RutlandSource:WENN 37 of 39
38. Hugh Masekela, 78Source:Getty 38 of 39
39. Edwin Hawkins, 74Source:Getty 39 of 39
Father Kills Daughter And Ex To Avoid Child Support Payments was originally published on blackamericaweb.com