Nike Incorporated is investigating a case of improper conduct by one of it’s top executives after reviewing an incident of inappropriate behavior on the job.
Bloomberg.com reports that Trevor Edwards, the company president, is stepping down from his role at Nike August.
Greg Rossiter, a spokesman for the company says that, “there have been no direct allegations against the 55-year-old.”
An internal memo sent to employees about Edwards leaving the company, it addressed reports of, “behavior occurring within our organization that do not reflect our core values of inclusively, respect and empowerment.”
Upon his exit, Edwards will receive a $525,000 payout. He was slated to become the next Chief Executive officer in the Nike corporation if not for his exit. He’ll receive his money in 2019 in monthly installments.
- Gary’s Tea: Is Cardi B. Faking Her Divorce For Her New Album? [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Today Is National Black Voter Day [WATCH]
- Chris Rock Says White People Are ‘Mentally Handicapped’ Abusers Who Don’t Understand Racism
- The Black Ballot: How Do HBCUs Fit Into ‘The Black Vote’?
- AG Bill Barr Compares National Mandate For Coronavirus Lockdowns To Slavery
Celebs Who Have Been Accused of Sexual Assault
1. Darren Sharper1 of 19
2. Rosey Grier2 of 19
3. Ceelo Green3 of 19
4. Mike Tyson4 of 19
5. Alex Da Silva5 of 19
6. Britney SpearsSource: 6 of 19
7. Sean Kingston7 of 19
8. Tupac Shakur8 of 19
9. Al Gore9 of 19
10. Harvey Weinstein10 of 19
11. Bill Cosby11 of 19
12. John Travolta12 of 19
13. Lawrence Taylor13 of 19
14. Kevin Spacey14 of 19
15. R. Kelly15 of 19
16. Russell Simmons16 of 19
17. Charlie Rose17 of 19
18. John Conyers18 of 19
19. Matt Lauer19 of 19
(Photo Credit: YouTube)
Nike Executive To Step Down After Inappropriate Behavior was originally published on blackamericaweb.com