Ne-Yo’s attempt to encourage men to be faithful went horribly wrong on Saturday night after fans flooded his comment section with allegations of hypocrisy.
It started when the crooner suggested that faithful men is a trait that was celebrated in 90s era R&B and needs to be brought back.
But most of the dragging had to do with Ne-Yo’s history of alleged scandalous behavior…the biggest being his decision with ex-fiance Monyetta Shaw to get her tubes tied following the birth of their second child, only for Ne-Yo to call off their wedding two months before the ceremony and start a new family with new love (and current wife) Crystal Renay.
At some point Saturday’s the IG backlash, Ne-Yo snapped.
“I love how as soon as I post something about being a Good Man or the evolution of, somebody wants to bring up what they THINK they know about my past relationship,” he began.
And FOR THE LAST TIME, I DID NOT force anyone to tie their tubes. I DID NOT leave the mother of my 1st two children for my current wife. I didn’t even meet my wife until a YEAR AND A HALF AFTER me and the mother of my 1st two children split up,” he continued.
“Have I cheated before? Sure. Have I always been a good man? Nah. But have I learned and grown with the experiences, situations and circumstances into the kind of man my wife can be proud to call her husband? DAMN RIGHT I HAVE,” he wrote.
Swipe through all of responses below:
- Armani Caesar Announces ‘The Liz 2’ With ‘Hunnit Dolla Hiccup’ Featuring Benny The Butcher & Stove God Cooks
- What’s Trending: Parents Are Concerned With Sending Their Children To School This Year [WATCH]
- Love Jones’ Nia Long and Larenz Tate to Reunite for 25th Anniversary At CultureCon
- Gary’s Tea: Idris Elba’s Daughter Stopped Talking To Him…Here’s Why [WATCH]
- Kenny Mason Returns With ‘Pup Pack EP’ Via RCA Records
Ne-Yo Goes On Defensive Rant After His Call For Men To Be Faithful Backfires was originally published on blackamericaweb.com