Jeff Johnson talked about the student walk out and why one 11-year-old girl decided to stay outside an extra minute. A Black teenager named, Cortland Arrington was gunned down at school in Alabama and the young girl that organized the protest thought her name needed to be remembered. She mentioned that a lot of times when Black girls are killed people might not even know the story or forget about them.
Johnson was also upset that elected officials tried to block the kids from protesting. They just want them to be followers and not be critical thinkers. He also asked the team about if a man and woman could be platonic friends.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- The 9 Best DMX Features And Collaborations
- Attorney Ben Crump Shares Update On Derek Chauvin Trial + Recent Shooting In Minnesota [WATCH]
- Keri Hilson Talks New Lifetime Movie “Lust: A Seven Deadly Sins Story” By Bishop T.D. Jakes [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: DMX To Be Honored With A Statue In His Hometown Yonkers, New York [WATCH]
- Mississippi Mobile Vaccination Efforts Increase Access For Older Residents
- BET’s ‘Baldwin Hills’ Star Gerren Taylor Dead at 30
- Still Canceled?: Lil Mama “Hasn’t Heard Back” From Jay Z & Alicia Keys After Apologizing
- Partial Ban On No-Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- Kyrie Irving Gets Angry When Dennis Schröder Calls Him The N-Word
- DMX Eulogized By Swizz Beatz [Video]