Jeff Johnson talked about the student walk out and why one 11-year-old girl decided to stay outside an extra minute. A Black teenager named, Cortland Arrington was gunned down at school in Alabama and the young girl that organized the protest thought her name needed to be remembered. She mentioned that a lot of times when Black girls are killed people might not even know the story or forget about them.
Johnson was also upset that elected officials tried to block the kids from protesting. They just want them to be followers and not be critical thinkers. He also asked the team about if a man and woman could be platonic friends.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- What’s Trending? Is Drake The New Michael Jackson?! [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Guess Who’s Joining The New Cast of RHOA + More On AJ Johnson’s Death [WATCH]
- As A.J. Johnson’s GoFundMe Gets Meager Donations, His Widow Wonders ‘Where Is The Love?’
- New Peach In Town?! Olympian Sanya Richards-Ross Reportedly Joins #RHOA Season 14
- Iman Shumpert Steals The Show With His Debut ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Performance & Teyana Says He Better Win
- Tamika Mallory Slams Biden Administration For Border Patrol Whipping Haitian Migrants: ‘Y’all Are Responsible’
- Kanye West Drops $57 Million On New Crib In Malibu
- Jelani Day’s Mother Wants Her Son To Get The Same Attention As Gabby Petito
- Netflix Is Testing Its “Free Service” In Kenya, Only Available On Android Smartphones
- She Got Game: Malika Andrews Is The Host Of ESPN’s New Daily NBA Show