WSBTV anchor Fred Blankenship and meteorologist Mark Aurum have a history of crafting loving lyrical tributes to fallen rap artists in their morning broadcast for the Atlanta station. After the recent news of veteran rapper, Craig Mack, passing at age 46, Blankenship and Aurum do what they do best with the same clever bent as times past.
New York Daily News writes:
Reporters Fred Blankenship and Mark Arum, who work for WSB-TV in Georgia, honored the rapper, who died Monday, during Tuesday’s broadcast.
“You wanna have a big breakfast before you head out of the house. A piece of Sizzlean with eggs and grits in between,” Arum said before handing the show back to Blankenship, stealing from Mack’s “Flava in Ya Ear.”
The two traded verses back and forth, including references to the traffic “everlasting like the toe on Pro-Keds” and the station meteorologist with “the data between your body and the antimatter.”
The anchor team has honored Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest fame, and Prodigy of Mobb Deep previously.
- LHHATL Recap: Kirk Frost Delivers Memo From Captain Obvious About That DNA Test
- Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Woman
- Tommie Lee On Why She’s Thought About Killing Her Exes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Wendy Williams Is Back, But Her Health Struggle Is Still Too Real [VIDEO]
- Boy Shoots & Kills Teen Sister Over A Video Game
- Rick Ross Returns To Performing After Health Scare [PHOTOS]
- The Trump Administration Will “Seek The Death Penalty” For Drug Dealers [VIDEO]
- Prank Call: Roy Wood Jr. Pisses Off Man About His Taxes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ne-Yo Goes On Defensive Rant After His Call For Men To Be Faithful Backfires
- Mya Tells What Keeps Her Looking Young After 20 Years In The Game [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2018
1. Edwin Hawkins, 741 of 1