WSBTV anchor Fred Blankenship and meteorologist Mark Aurum have a history of crafting loving lyrical tributes to fallen rap artists in their morning broadcast for the Atlanta station. After the recent news of veteran rapper, Craig Mack, passing at age 46, Blankenship and Aurum do what they do best with the same clever bent as times past.
New York Daily News writes:
Reporters Fred Blankenship and Mark Arum, who work for WSB-TV in Georgia, honored the rapper, who died Monday, during Tuesday’s broadcast.
“You wanna have a big breakfast before you head out of the house. A piece of Sizzlean with eggs and grits in between,” Arum said before handing the show back to Blankenship, stealing from Mack’s “Flava in Ya Ear.”
The two traded verses back and forth, including references to the traffic “everlasting like the toe on Pro-Keds” and the station meteorologist with “the data between your body and the antimatter.”
The anchor team has honored Phife Dawg of A Tribe Called Quest fame, and Prodigy of Mobb Deep previously.
- White Supremacist Who Ran Over Anti-Racism Protester Heather Heyer Found Guilty Of Murder
- TV One Premieres “Living By Design” Holiday Special With Jake Smollett, Jazz Smollett & Ledisi This Weekend [VIDEO]
- Yung Miami Of City Girls Admits She Doesn’t Drink Water [VIDEO]
- Gary’s Tea: Kim Kardashian Defends Kanye West, Ronnie & Shamari DeVoe Owes Over $300,000 In Back Taxes & More
- EJ Bradford’s Family Lawyers Make Progress In Shooting Investigation As Questions Linger
- Inmate Punched While Handcuffed Sues Louisville Jail Officers In Assault Caught On Video [VIDEO]
- Queen Naija Calls Pastor John P. Kee A “Fake” Christian After He Accuses Her Of Swiping His Gospel Melody
- Michelle Williams Announces Breakup From Chad Johnson
- Kendrick Lamar, Drake & Cardi B Lead The 2019 Grammy Nominations
- Grand Opening, Grand Closing: Kevin Hart Steps Down As Oscars Host
News Anchors Do A Brilliant Craig Mack Tribute [VIDEO] was originally published on hiphopwired.com