When you’re talking ’90s films, you can’t skip one of F. Gary Gray‘s most notable movie moments—Set It Off.
Jada Pinkett, Queen Latifah, Kimberly Elise, and Vivica A. Fox still get props until this day for their portrayal of four black women driven to a life of crime in the cult classic. Gray has spent his entire career pushing boundaries through the medium of film and now, 22 years later, his iconic tale has made its way to the theatre in a live stage play.
You’re going to want to check out the remaining tour dates and get your tickets here ASAP, as Johnson’s adaptation is definitely a must-see for the culture. Also tune into the video below to see Kyla Pratt and LeToya Tuckett chat with Hot 107.9 about Set It Off‘s impact on their lives over the years.
Next stop is the Warner Theatre in Washington D.C. this Friday, March 16.
- Watch: Beautiful ‘Last Black Man In San Francisco’ Trailer Tackles Gentrification With Tichina Arnold, Danny Glover & More
- #BlackGirlMagic: 16-Year-Old Accepted Into Five Law Schools
- She’s Back! ‘Claws’ Cutie Karrueche Confirms Her Return As A Bedazzled Eyepatch Rocking Virginia [VIDEO]
- Condolences: Megan Thee Stallion’s Mother, Holly Thomas, Passes Away
- Porsha Williams Gives Birth To Baby Girl! [PHOTOS]
- Cam Newton Says He Gave Up Sex As Part Of His Monthly Challenges To Be Better [VIDEO]
- “One on One” Creator, Notable Television Writer & Producer Eunetta T. Boone Dead At 63
- 5-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Crushed By Table At Church [VIDEO]
- Wendy Williams Husband Kevin Hunter Releases Statement
- TLC’s Story May Be Headed To Broadway!
Bye Felisha: What You Never Knew About The Making Of 'Friday'
1. Chris Tucker wasn't actually high while filming the movie.Source: 1 of 5
2. The 'Friday' soundtrack is even more of a success than the movie.Source: 2 of 5
3. Deebo's role was based on a real-life crip who went by the name 'Big U.'Source: 3 of 5
4. Craig starts 'Friday' out in the same outfit that Doughboy wore at the end of 'Boyz N The Hood.'Source: 4 of 5
“Set It Off” The Live Stage Play Is Coming To A City Near You was originally published on globalgrind.com