If you didn’t know, 21 Savage is doing a damn good job at crossing over.
So much so, he recently made a stop at The Ellen Show to perform the hit song “Bank Account” from his debut album Issa Album. Hilariously enough, 21 changed up a decent amount of the lyrics for the mainstream, daytime crowd. While this may have been much of the crowd’s first time hearing the song, performing wasn’t the only reason 21 paid a visit— he was also there for a good cause.
He also spoke to Ellen about his 21 Savage Bank Account Campaign in an effort to improve financial literacy among lower-income neighborhoods.
“I started the 21 Savage Bank Account Campaign and its to help kids learn how to save money and make money, and open bank accounts for kids,” he explained. But even better than just starting the campaign, 21 put his money where his mouth is and donated a hefty check of his own. In a very on-brand move, the check was in the amount of $21,000.
“@21Savage is doing something absolutely amazing. I can’t wait for you to see it,” ” Ellen hinted in an Instagram post before the performance.
Everyone in the audience got a copy of the Atlanta rapper’s album.
Knowing how much influence he has over rap fans right now, he’s given up wearing jewelry and is about preserving his wealth now, according to his manager. And he hopes that inspires other young rappers.
“21 Savage no longer wears jewelry …. buying houses .. investing in businesses …. crypto & youth startups is what he wanna make cool for young rappers to do,” his manager tweeted last month.
- 2018 BET Awards [PHOTOS]
- Nipsey Hussle Delivered A Victory SLAP To Somebody At The BET Awards [VIDEO]
- Tisha Campbell-Martin Claims Estranged Husband Hid Money During Marriage
- Gary With Da Tea Talks About The Time He Was Fired From A Radio Station [EXCLUSIVE]
- Protesters Demand Answers After Minneapolis Police Officers Killed A Fleeing Man
- Nas Calls For The Electric Chair For Cop Who Murdered Antwon Rose
- National Guardsman Cayln McLemore Found Dead
- Woman Calls Police On Black Child For Selling Water
- Cam’ron Honors Son’s Mother, Buys Her A Range Rover [PHOTOS]
- One Player Who Is Still Kneeling With Colin Kaepernick
10 Ways To Be A Good Samaritan
1. Pay a friends bill1 of 10
2. Volunteer at the local Boys & Girls Club2 of 10
3. Babysit for a friend3 of 10
4. Help the elderly4 of 10
5. Donations5 of 10
6. Volunteer at a homeless shelter6 of 10
7. Donate Blood7 of 10
8. Donate a kidney8 of 10
9. Random Acts Of Kindness9 of 10
10. Use your talent or skill10 of 10
21 Savage Announces His Charitable Efforts On “The Ellen Show” [VIDEO] was originally published on cassiuslife.com