If you didn’t know, 21 Savage is doing a damn good job at crossing over.
So much so, he recently made a stop at The Ellen Show to perform the hit song “Bank Account” from his debut album Issa Album. Hilariously enough, 21 changed up a decent amount of the lyrics for the mainstream, daytime crowd. While this may have been much of the crowd’s first time hearing the song, performing wasn’t the only reason 21 paid a visit— he was also there for a good cause.
He also spoke to Ellen about his 21 Savage Bank Account Campaign in an effort to improve financial literacy among lower-income neighborhoods.
“I started the 21 Savage Bank Account Campaign and its to help kids learn how to save money and make money, and open bank accounts for kids,” he explained. But even better than just starting the campaign, 21 put his money where his mouth is and donated a hefty check of his own. In a very on-brand move, the check was in the amount of $21,000.
“@21Savage is doing something absolutely amazing. I can’t wait for you to see it,” ” Ellen hinted in an Instagram post before the performance.
Everyone in the audience got a copy of the Atlanta rapper’s album.
Knowing how much influence he has over rap fans right now, he’s given up wearing jewelry and is about preserving his wealth now, according to his manager. And he hopes that inspires other young rappers.
“21 Savage no longer wears jewelry …. buying houses .. investing in businesses …. crypto & youth startups is what he wanna make cool for young rappers to do,” his manager tweeted last month.
- LHHATL Recap: Kirk Frost Delivers Memo From Captain Obvious About That DNA Test
- Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Woman
- Tommie Lee On Why She’s Thought About Killing Her Exes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Wendy Williams Is Back, But Her Health Struggle Is Still Too Real [VIDEO]
- Boy Shoots & Kills Teen Sister Over A Video Game
- Rick Ross Returns To Performing After Health Scare [PHOTOS]
- The Trump Administration Will “Seek The Death Penalty” For Drug Dealers [VIDEO]
- Prank Call: Roy Wood Jr. Pisses Off Man About His Taxes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ne-Yo Goes On Defensive Rant After His Call For Men To Be Faithful Backfires
- Mya Tells What Keeps Her Looking Young After 20 Years In The Game [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]