So far Eddie Murphy has played an African King, a nutty professor, a cop, and a donkey.
Now the comedian might take on his most challenging role yet — playing Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito‘s triplet brother.
According to Deadline, Arnold announced that the script for Triplets — a sequel to the 1988 movie Twins — is finished, and Eddy Murphy is attached to the project.
In Twins Arnold and Danny learn that they’re sibling due to a scientific experiment. With Triplets, the same plot device will most likely be used, only some melanin will be added to the mix.
Considering how race conversations have broadened since 1988, Triplets could bring some interesting commentary along with the laughs.
But with this possibly being an Eddie Murphy flick, I’m down for the silly as well.
We’ll keep you posted on any major updates!
- The Hot Spot: Tiny’s Son Gets Into Fight, Lori Harvey Pleads Not Guilty In Hit & Run Case and More [VIDEO]
- Gary’s Tea: Did Jennifer Lopez Deserve An Oscar For Her Role In Hustlers? [VIDEO]
- Main Character Revealed of ‘Hunger Games’ Prequel
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Directors Want Eddie Murphy Sequel As Their Next Project
- Heyy Ya! Andre 3000 Is Making A Comeback, But It’s Not What You Think
- OWN Reportedly Cancels John Gray’s ‘The Book Of Gray’ After Three Seasons
- Grammys Reveal Details For A Star-Studded Nipsey Hussle Tribute Performance
- Missy Elliott’s Urban One Honors Acceptance Speech Is The #BlackGirlMagic Moment We Needed
- A Lot of Celebs Had Babies Over the Weekend!
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Earns $73 Million At Box Office, ‘Bad Boys 4’ In The Works
Eddie Murphy Will Reportedly Play Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Long Lost Triplet was originally published on globalgrind.com