Astatement that had been previously made was recanted Monday regarding the disappearance of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention researcher Timothy Cunningham, who has been missing for a month.
As wild conspiracy theories continue to spread about the Black epidemiologist, authorities got one clue in the case wrong about Cunningham’s current position at the CDC, Fox 5 Atlanta reported. Police had originally announced that Cunningham, a 35-year-old Morehouse graduate, had been passed over for a promotion a week before he went missing on February 12. The CDC has corrected that statement.
“This information is incorrect,” a statement by Acting CDC Director Radm Anne Schuchat read. “In fact, he received an early promotion/exceptional proficiency promotion to Commander effective July 1, 2017, in recognition of his exemplary performance in the U.S. Public Health Service.”
On February 12, Cunningham left work early and told co-workers that he wasn’t feeling well, police said. Cunningham also told his next-door neighbor something disturbing on that day.
“He told my husband to tell his wife – me – to erase his cellphone number from my cellphone,” Viviana Tory, Cunningham’s neighbor, said to CBS News.
Cunningham’s parents put up flyers and spoke to media outlets about their son’s vanishing. They reported him missing on February 16 after going to his home and finding his belongings and vehicle. A reward for his return was raised from $10,000 to $15,000 last week, and a GoFundMe page was launched.
Police said that there was no evidence indicating foul play, however, they didn’t rule it out, WRDW reported. Folks are still believing in Cunningham’s safe return.
“If Tim reads this message, we hope you come home soon,” Schuchat said. “If anyone reading this has information about the whereabouts of Commander Cunningham, please come forward.”
- White Supremacist Who Ran Over Anti-Racism Protester Heather Heyer Found Guilty Of Murder
- TV One Premieres “Living By Design” Holiday Special With Jake Smollett, Jazz Smollett & Ledisi This Weekend [VIDEO]
- Yung Miami Of City Girls Admits She Doesn’t Drink Water [VIDEO]
- Gary’s Tea: Kim Kardashian Defends Kanye West, Ronnie & Shamari DeVoe Owes Over $300,000 In Back Taxes & More
- EJ Bradford’s Family Lawyers Make Progress In Shooting Investigation As Questions Linger
- Inmate Punched While Handcuffed Sues Louisville Jail Officers In Assault Caught On Video [VIDEO]
- Queen Naija Calls Pastor John P. Kee A “Fake” Christian After He Accuses Her Of Swiping His Gospel Melody
- Michelle Williams Announces Breakup From Chad Johnson
- Kendrick Lamar, Drake & Cardi B Lead The 2019 Grammy Nominations
- Grand Opening, Grand Closing: Kevin Hart Steps Down As Oscars Host
Happy Women's History Month! 10 Photos Of Powerful Woke Women
1. Brittany PacknettSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Patrisse Khan-CullorsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Kimberlé Williams CrenshawSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Andrea RitchieSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Kristen ClarkeSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. April ReignSource:. 6 of 10
7. Brittany "Bree" NewsomeSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Tarana BurkeSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Symone SandersSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Tamika D. MallorySource:Getty 10 of 10
Surprising New Detail Emerges In Timothy Cunningham’s Disappearance was originally published on newsone.com