A 21-year-old Phoenix woman was found burned, beaten and murdered after being reported missing by her family earlier this week. The police claim her ex-boyfriend confessed to the woman’s death.
According to ABC 15, Jasmine Dunbar’s body was found on Wednesday afternoon and she last seen with her ex-boyfriend, 20-year-old Antwaun Travon Ware, on Tuesday night. Apparently, she left home with Ware and her 7-month-old baby to get a paternity test.
While Ware initially told the local police that he dropped Dunbar back off at her apartment, he later changed his story, admitting that he punched her several times. He also said he left her alive in the field where her body was found, panicked and dropped the child off in another area so someone would find her.
But police claim that Ware later broke down and confessed that he put a piece of paper on Dunbar’s body, poured gasoline and lit her with a cigarette. In addition, he watched her body burn and ran back to get his daughter, but saw that the police found his child, so he ran in the other direction to avoid being caught.
Jasmine’s mother, Tonya Smith, told ABC 15 says that she is utterly devastated about her daughter’s senseless death.
“She asked you to take a DNA test, how’s that worth killing somebody over,” said Smith. “I’m angry. I feel like, ‘why God?’”
Police are awaiting official identification of Jasmine’s body through scientific analysis.
Ware was later arrested and charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping, abandonment of a body and child abuse.
- Lena Waithe & Halle Berry To Work On ‘Boomerang’ Series For BET
- Bus Driver Charged After Letting Kids Take The Wheel [VIDEO]
- Botham Jean’s Mother Demands Amber Guyger Be Charged With Murder
- Disney Slammed Because Of Its ‘Eurocentric’ Version Of Princess Tiana
- Rickey Smiley Unleashed: “If You Want God To Do Something Extra For You, Sometimes You Have To Do Something Extra” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Hiphop Spot: Da Brat Gets Featured In Grammy Museum, J. Cole Reschedules Dreamville Festival, T.I. Curates Trap Music Museum & More
- Jesse Williams Is Now A Director And His New Film Is Seriously Relevant For 2018
- ‘We Are All Community’: Tamron Hall Previews Her New Talk Show
- J. Cole’s Dreamville Festival Rescheduled For Next Spring With New Lineup
- Booty Shake Club Loses Liquor License After Agents Exchanged Lap Dances & Drug For Food Stamps
21-Year-Old Mother Beaten And Burned To Death By Her Ex-Boyfriend Over A Paternity Test was originally published on hellobeautiful.com