A 21-year-old Phoenix woman was found burned, beaten and murdered after being reported missing by her family earlier this week. The police claim her ex-boyfriend confessed to the woman’s death.
According to ABC 15, Jasmine Dunbar’s body was found on Wednesday afternoon and she last seen with her ex-boyfriend, 20-year-old Antwaun Travon Ware, on Tuesday night. Apparently, she left home with Ware and her 7-month-old baby to get a paternity test.
While Ware initially told the local police that he dropped Dunbar back off at her apartment, he later changed his story, admitting that he punched her several times. He also said he left her alive in the field where her body was found, panicked and dropped the child off in another area so someone would find her.
But police claim that Ware later broke down and confessed that he put a piece of paper on Dunbar’s body, poured gasoline and lit her with a cigarette. In addition, he watched her body burn and ran back to get his daughter, but saw that the police found his child, so he ran in the other direction to avoid being caught.
Jasmine’s mother, Tonya Smith, told ABC 15 says that she is utterly devastated about her daughter’s senseless death.
“She asked you to take a DNA test, how’s that worth killing somebody over,” said Smith. “I’m angry. I feel like, ‘why God?’”
Police are awaiting official identification of Jasmine’s body through scientific analysis.
Ware was later arrested and charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping, abandonment of a body and child abuse.
- LHHATL Recap: Kirk Frost Delivers Memo From Captain Obvious About That DNA Test
- Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Woman
- Tommie Lee On Why She’s Thought About Killing Her Exes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Wendy Williams Is Back, But Her Health Struggle Is Still Too Real [VIDEO]
- Boy Shoots & Kills Teen Sister Over A Video Game
- Rick Ross Returns To Performing After Health Scare [PHOTOS]
- The Trump Administration Will “Seek The Death Penalty” For Drug Dealers [VIDEO]
- Prank Call: Roy Wood Jr. Pisses Off Man About His Taxes [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ne-Yo Goes On Defensive Rant After His Call For Men To Be Faithful Backfires
- Mya Tells What Keeps Her Looking Young After 20 Years In The Game [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]