Being in a relationship with certain people sometimes helps you discover things about yourself. Common spoke at the University of Colorado-Boulder and while there talked about his relationship with Erykah Badu. The Source reports that the two dated from 2000 to 2002 and after they broke up Common realized a lot about himself.
He said, “I discovered I didn’t truly believe in myself wholeheartedly with every morsel that I had in my body and I discovered that through a breakup. I was in a relationship with Erykah Badu. When we did breakup, one of the most important things I discovered was that I was scared to wear my greatness which meant, I could be in a relationship and dim my light for others. I could get around my parents and dim my light. I could get around friends who felt like I might make them uncomfortable ‘cause I was doing something that they hadn’t maybe achieved yet or they weren’t happy with the way they were so I would dim my light for others.”
To help himself and change this pattern he began to read more. He also discovered that you should never dim your light for others. In all relationships now he speaks on being his true self.
- Eve Reveals That Found Out She Was Pregnant Right Before ‘Verzuz’ Battle With Trina
- Hot Spot: Nicki Minaj Finally Speaks Out About Kenneth Petty’s Sexual Assault Case [WATCH]
- Talk It Out Tuesday: Counselor Spring Explains How Our Emotions Affect Our Core Beliefs [WATCH]
- You Care: Bow Wow Threatens To Leave The Millennium Tour
- Falynn Pina Engaged To Her Boo Jaylan Banks After ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta’ Scandal
- Anti-Vaxxers Are Using Colin Powell’s Death To Justify False Claims About The Vaccine
- Fake COVID Card Will Cost Evander Kane $1.6M Months After NHL Player Filed For Bankruptcy
- Dorothy Steel, The ‘Black Panther’ Elder That Began Acting At 88, Passes Away At 95
- One Twitter User Reminded Fans How Funny Rush Hour’s Bloopers Are [Video]
- Moving Beyond The Hashtag ‘Me Too.’ Movement Celebrates 4-Year Anniversary With Week Of Action