Jemele Hill spoke her truth about recent allegations of racism against ESPN personality Chris Berman via Twitter on Monday. Hill shut down talk about Berman having left her a racist voicemail, a claim that was made in a lawsuit filed by a former ESPN employee.
“A few years ago, I had a personal conflict with Chris Berman, but the way this conflict has been characterized is dangerously inaccurate,” Hill wrote. “Chris never left any racially disparaging remarks on my voicemail and our conflict was handled swiftly and with the utmost professionalism.”
Adrienne Lawrence, an ex-ESPN employee, made the allegation about Berman in a 93-page sexual harassment lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Connecticut on Sunday. Lawrence worked as part of a two-year fellowship program. Her lawsuit alleged that ESPN created a “toxic” work environment for women.
However, Hill found no merit in Lawrence’s claim, standing up for Berman in an unexpected move.
Hill also added that her concerns “were taken seriously by ESPN and addressed in a way that made me feel like a valued employee,” USA Today reported.
The journalist’s denial of the claims about Berman seems very convincing. Hill is known to speak up about important matters: Do you remember when she referred to Trump as a White supremacist? Her commentary affirmed the opinions of many African-Americans about the president and his divisive, racist rhetoric. Though Hill was suspended for having shared her view, she has stood by it. You gotta respect courage like that.
As far as Lawrence’s other allegations about ESPN and its employees, Hill has not addressed them yet. But we expect that the journalist will keep giving folks a piece of her mind.
- NeNe Leakes Hosted The ‘Baddies East’ Reunion In A Head-Turning Balenciaga Dress
- My First Time: Big Gipp Of Goodie Mob Remembers The Christmas He Got His 1st Motorcycle
- Letitia James Is Holding Powerful, Corrupt White Men Accountable During Black History Month
- Jalen Brunson Tapped As Brooks Brothers Brand Ambassador
- Clarence Thomas Hires ‘Karen’ Accused Of Texting ‘I Hate Black People’ As His New Law Clerk
- U.S. Airman Dies After Setting Himself on Fire in Protest Outside Israeli Embassy
- How Important Was it For You to Have the Right Ally? | Urban One Honors
- Trump Claims Black Supporters Due to Alleged Legal Discrimination
- What Started the Brawl Involving Cam Newton?
- Kanye West Selling His YZY GAP Collection For $20 A Pop On His Website
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Mo’Nique’s Feud With Son Sparks Debate On Family Fighting In Public
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Worst. Flight. Ever. : Delta Flight Forced To Turn Around After Maggots Fell From Overhead Bin
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
Diddy Hires "Super Lawyer" Who Defended Jeffrey Epstein Co-Conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell