Jemele Hill spoke her truth about recent allegations of racism against ESPN personality Chris Berman via Twitter on Monday. Hill shut down talk about Berman having left her a racist voicemail, a claim that was made in a lawsuit filed by a former ESPN employee.
“A few years ago, I had a personal conflict with Chris Berman, but the way this conflict has been characterized is dangerously inaccurate,” Hill wrote. “Chris never left any racially disparaging remarks on my voicemail and our conflict was handled swiftly and with the utmost professionalism.”
Adrienne Lawrence, an ex-ESPN employee, made the allegation about Berman in a 93-page sexual harassment lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Connecticut on Sunday. Lawrence worked as part of a two-year fellowship program. Her lawsuit alleged that ESPN created a “toxic” work environment for women.
However, Hill found no merit in Lawrence’s claim, standing up for Berman in an unexpected move.
Hill also added that her concerns “were taken seriously by ESPN and addressed in a way that made me feel like a valued employee,” USA Today reported.
The journalist’s denial of the claims about Berman seems very convincing. Hill is known to speak up about important matters: Do you remember when she referred to Trump as a White supremacist? Her commentary affirmed the opinions of many African-Americans about the president and his divisive, racist rhetoric. Though Hill was suspended for having shared her view, she has stood by it. You gotta respect courage like that.
As far as Lawrence’s other allegations about ESPN and its employees, Hill has not addressed them yet. But we expect that the journalist will keep giving folks a piece of her mind.
- ‘We Must Convict Him!’ Maxine Waters Demands Trump’s Senate Impeachment Trial ‘Take Away His Power’
- Swizz Beatz Is Working On A 2Pac & Notorious B.I.G. ‘VERZUZ’ Battle, Allegedly
- Dwyane Wade Floats Idea of Starting An OnlyFans Account With Gabrielle Union
- Vice President Kamala Harris’ Husband, Douglas Emhoff, Begins Teaching Course At Georgetown Law
- Woman Stabs Her Husband Over Photos Of Him With Another Woman
- Cat’s Birthday Party Leads to COVID-19 Spread
- Joe Biden’s Administration To Expedite Tubman $20 Bill
- Keyshia Cole Apologizes For Making VERZUZ Fans Wait Over An Hour
- Gabby Sidibe Shares Her Battle With Bulimia On ‘Peace Of Mind With Taraji’
- Gary’s Tea: Kenya Moore & Marc Daly Are Done…For Good! [WATCH]
Happy Women's History Month! 10 Photos Of Powerful Woke Women
1. Brittany PacknettSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Patrisse Khan-CullorsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Kimberlé Williams CrenshawSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Andrea RitchieSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Kristen ClarkeSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. April ReignSource:. 6 of 10
7. Brittany "Bree" NewsomeSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Tarana BurkeSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Symone SandersSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Tamika D. MallorySource:Getty 10 of 10