Mo’Nique is still pretty p’d off about her heated sit-down on “The View” a few weeks ago.
The Oscar winner had some choice words for Whoopi Goldberg, claiming that the talkshow host came for her husband and manager Sidney Hicks by saying he was one of the reasons why her career has plummeted.
RELATED: Whoopi Goldberg Tried To School Mo’Nique [VIDEO]
On a recent episode of the couple’s podcast, she spilled the tea about what happened off-camera.
RELATED: Is Support Growing For Mo’Nique After All? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
“When we got to her dressing room and when we were sitting down and this is what she said to me,” she said.
“She said, ‘Listen, from the first time I saw you, I loved you. So, I’m going to tell you right now, you’ve got to take some of this responsibility and the real problem is, Mo’Nique, you’re bring ill-advised, you’re not thinking for yourself and the real problem is your husband.’”
Mo’Nique says at that point she put her foot down.
“I had to grab Whoopi Goldberg’s hands, as we were sitting across the table from each other,” she said.
“And I said, ‘Sister, let me tell you about my husband, because you’re misinformed and you’re making statements that you really don’t know what you’re talking about.’ I said, ‘See, I’ve had the big white manager, the big white agent, I’ve had the big attorney firm, all in Hollywood… I would watch those people cheat me and they would say to me, ‘We’ll get them the next time, Mo’Nique.’ I said, the reason why my husband is considered a problem is when we’re in those meetings with those executives, they can’t answer his questions.”
Take a look for yourself:
Regardless of what Mo says about her husband being vital to her career, there have been rumors swirling for years that Sidney has been extremely rude and unprofessional with other people in the industry including “Girls Trip” producer Will Packer. Word on the street is that folks don’t want to work with Mo as a result of her husband’s alleged bad behavior.
Either way, none of this excuses Netflix for offering her that shady deal.
Do you think that spouses should manager their partner’s career?
- Kandi Calls LaTocha “Corny” For Clowning Her Vocals
- Small Doses: Kandi Burruss Talks Side Effects Of Girl Group Dynamics
- Watch: ‘The Kardashians’ Season 3 Returns With The Truth In Teaser Trailer
- Tributes Pour In For Randall Robinson After Anti-Apartheid Icon And TransAfrica Founder Dies At 81
- Lawsuit Against Childish Gambino’s “This Is America” Dismissed
- New Poster Alert: Fans Are Calling ‘A Thousand And One’ “Storytelling Excellence”
- Front Page News: Flint Water Crisis Settlement Approved
- Thanks, Ron DeSantis: Florida School District Pulls ‘Ruby Bridges’ Movie After 1 White Parent Complains
- Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
- Jonathan Majors’ Arrest May Have Tarnished His Pristine Reputation Forever, Whether He’s Innocent Or Not
Watch: Whoopi Tried To School Mo’Nique On ‘The View’
She Had Time! Mo’Nique Pulls Out Even More Receipts Against Will Packer
Mo’Nique Claps Back At Gary Owen After He Commented On Her Beef With Will Packer
Mo’Nique Accuses Whoopi Goldberg Of Coming For Her Husband [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Jonathan Majors Video Evidence, ‘Woman Recanting’ Assault Claim Will Clear Actor Of Charges, Lawyer Says
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Lori Harvey & Damson Idris Allegedly Split, Failed Relationships Twitter Reacts
ATL Reacts to Cee-Lo Green Falling Off a Horse at Shawty Lo Party
‘The Wire’ Actor Lance Reddick Has Died, Age 60
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
‘Creed III’ Actor Jonathan Majors Arrested On Assault Charges
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM