The Oscar winner had some choice words for Whoopi Goldberg, claiming that the talkshow host came for her husband and manager Sidney Hicks by saying he was one of the reasons why her career has plummeted.
On a recent episode of the couple’s podcast, she spilled the tea about what happened off-camera.
“When we got to her dressing room and when we were sitting down and this is what she said to me,” she said.
“She said, ‘Listen, from the first time I saw you, I loved you. So, I’m going to tell you right now, you’ve got to take some of this responsibility and the real problem is, Mo’Nique, you’re bring ill-advised, you’re not thinking for yourself and the real problem is your husband.’”
Mo’Nique says at that point she put her foot down.
“I had to grab Whoopi Goldberg’s hands, as we were sitting across the table from each other,” she said.
“And I said, ‘Sister, let me tell you about my husband, because you’re misinformed and you’re making statements that you really don’t know what you’re talking about.’ I said, ‘See, I’ve had the big white manager, the big white agent, I’ve had the big attorney firm, all in Hollywood… I would watch those people cheat me and they would say to me, ‘We’ll get them the next time, Mo’Nique.’ I said, the reason why my husband is considered a problem is when we’re in those meetings with those executives, they can’t answer his questions.”
Take a look for yourself:
Regardless of what Mo says about her husband being vital to her career, there have been rumors swirling for years that Sidney has been extremely rude and unprofessional with other people in the industry including “Girls Trip” producer Will Packer. Word on the street is that folks don’t want to work with Mo as a result of her husband’s alleged bad behavior.
Either way, none of this excuses Netflix for offering her that shady deal.
Do you think that spouses should manager their partner’s career?
- Urban One Honors Attendees Speak On All Things Best In Black #UrbanOneHonors
- Diddy’s Son Quincy Removes Face Tattoo After Online Criticism, Allegedly
- Cam Newton Gets Swung On At His Own Football Camp [Video]
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
- Chlöe is Up NEXT! | Urban One Honors
- ‘RHOA’ Star Marlo Hampton Is Reportedly Not Returning For Season 16
- Solange Knowles’ Son Daniel “Julez” Smith, Jr. Walks For Versace During Milan Fashion Week
- Exclusive: Stalley Gives Us A Play-By-Play Of Kevin Durant’s Rap Debut On “Scared Money”
- Justice For Z’Kye Husain: NJ Cops Finally Settle After Viral Wrongful Arrest Of Black Teen In Mall Fight
Mo’Nique Accuses Whoopi Goldberg Of Coming For Her Husband [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Mo’Nique Offers An Apology To Oprah Winfrey And Tyler Perry
Mo’Nique’s Feud With Son Sparks Debate On Family Fighting In Public
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Worst. Flight. Ever. : Delta Flight Forced To Turn Around After Maggots Fell From Overhead Bin
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65