In 2017, there were 356 mass shootings in the United States. As of February 16th, we have had 18 school shootings in 2018. Rickey Smiley reads the names of all the young lives that were lost in Florida on that day, when a 19-year-old entered a high school with an AR-15 and opened fire. Last year, Donald Trump ended the Obama-era gun regulation that made it more difficult for people with mental illness to purchase guns.
Attorney Glennon Threatt discusses the matter, explaining why this shooting was totally preventable. He also talks about the link to domestic terrorism, as a North Florida white supremacist group has confirmed that the shooter was affiliated with, and perhaps even a trained member of, the organization. Click on the audio player to hear him explain that and much more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kanye West Asks Kim Kardashian To Pull Kids From “Fake” School
- Senate Democrats Reintroduce John Lewis Voting Rights Act Ahead Of Bloody Sunday Anniversary
- Method Man’s Daughter Makes Her Debut As A Rapper
- Natania Reuben Says Diddy, Not Shyne, Was The Trigger Man In Infamous 1999 Club Shooting
- The 4-1-1 On How To Shop Ulta’s 21 Days Of Beauty Sale
- Kim Kardashian “Frustrated” Over Kanye West’s School Demands
- Black Excellence: Oldest Woman In The U.S. Shares Her Tips For A Long, Happy Life
- Missouri GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Exposed As ‘Honorary’ KKK Member
- Digital Detox: 10 Ways to Disconnect For Global Day of Unplugging
- Watch: BET’s ‘Comic View’ Returns With An All-Star Lineup of Comedians
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
And You Woo Woo WHAT?! ‘Embarrassed’ Jeffrey Osborne Concertgoers Seek $2M In Emotional Distress Lawsuit
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Oh My, Oh Why: Fans Share Reactions To Tyler Perry’s ‘Mea Culpa’ On Social Media
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
Wendy Williams’ Family Gives Detailed Account Of Her “Heartbreaking” Downward Spiral