In 2017, there were 356 mass shootings in the United States. As of February 16th, we have had 18 school shootings in 2018. Rickey Smiley reads the names of all the young lives that were lost in Florida on that day, when a 19-year-old entered a high school with an AR-15 and opened fire. Last year, Donald Trump ended the Obama-era gun regulation that made it more difficult for people with mental illness to purchase guns.
Attorney Glennon Threatt discusses the matter, explaining why this shooting was totally preventable. He also talks about the link to domestic terrorism, as a North Florida white supremacist group has confirmed that the shooter was affiliated with, and perhaps even a trained member of, the organization. Click on the audio player to hear him explain that and much more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- A French Show Thought Using Blackface To Hide The Identity Of A Teen Rape Victim Would Be A Good Idea
- Ryan Henry Speaks Out Against Those Making Disparaging Comments About His Slain Sister
- Erykah Badu’s Badussy Incense Sell Out! Here’s How To Get Some
- George Zimmerman Files $265M Lawsuit Against Pete Buttigieg & Elizabeth Warren
- Black Tony Got Locked Up! [VIDEO]
- Actress Rosario Dawson Opens Up About Her Sexuality, Confirms “Coming Out” In IG Post
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Sold Out, Supplies Are Very Limited
- Big Boi Approves James Harden & Russell Westbrook’s ‘Stankonia’ Tribute in ‘GQ’
- Fans Call for TMZ Boycott Over Leaking Black Celebrity Deaths Before Families Notified
- SZA Says ‘Rolling Stone’ Cover With Megan Thee Stallion & Normani Will Be Her Last