Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Meet The Black Republican Who Hated “Black Panther”
- LHHNY Recap: Bianca Bonnie Continues Her Bridge Burning Tour
- Toni Braxton Confirms Engagement To Birdman
- Mariah Carey Has A Message For Fergie
- Marvel Studio Head Is Already Thinking About “Black Panther” Sequel
- Viola Davis On Being Called The Black Meryl Streep: “Then Pay Me What I’m Worth!” [VIDEO]
- Fergie Gets Dragged To A Star-Spangled Hell For Her Rendition Of The National Anthem [VIDEO]
- Ben Carson Reportedly Has A “Positive Influence” On Trump And We Can’t Find Receipts
- What Chrissy Teigen Doesn’t Know About Her Husband John Legend [VIDEO]
- Doctors Amputated Woman’s Hands And Feet After Gruesome Surgical Mistake