Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Simone Biles Out of Olympic Gymnastics Competition
- J. Lo & Ben Affleck Seemingly Recreate Her “Jenny From The Block” Video While Boo’d Up On A Boat
- Whoopi Goldberg Set To Produce & Act In a Film About Emmett Till’s Mom
- Toyota’s Basketball Robot Is Dropping Dimes At The Tokyo Olympics & It’s Scaring People
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: Tracee Ellis Ross Recreates A Fierce Photo Of Diana Ross
- George Clinton Returns From Retirement: “You’re Gonna Have To Drag Me Off”
- LL Cool J’s Rock The Bells Announces Launch of New Clothing Line “Hip-Hop Is Essential”
- Maria Taylor Makes Her Debut for NBC at the Olympics, Leaves Rachel Nichols and ESPN in Her Rear View Mirror
- Dictionary.com Adds More Than 300 New Words Including “Zaddy” and “Yeet”
- Sherri Shepherd Talks Weight Loss Journey In People Magazine’s Health Edition: ‘I’ve Never Felt Better!’