Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Le’Andria Johnson Shares Her Testimony About Being In Jail For 30 Days And Overcoming Alcohol Abuse [VIDEO]
- Ex-NFL Seattle Seahawks Player Shot To Death Over Parking Spot
- Burberry Apologizes for Hoodie with Noose on Their Runway [PHOTOS]
- Danielle Brooks From ‘OITNB’ Praises Black Women With Her New Single [VIDEO]
- Slick Woods Reunites With Her Mom After 17 Year Prison Bid…They Are Twins! [PHOTO]
- An 11-Year-Old Was Arrested For Refusing To Stand For The Pledge Of Allegiance
- Keshia Pulliam’s Ex-Husband Ed Hartwell Reportedly Married His Mistress
- Sen. Bernie Sanders Enters The 2020 Presidential Race
- Spike Lee and Chadwick Boseman Team Up For Netflix Project
- Report: A Grand Jury is Being Seated Due to New R. Kelly Sex Tape and Allegations