Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Gary’s Tea with Special Guest Erykah Badu: Erykah Has A Lot To Celebrate! [LISTEN]
- Prayers Up! Model Slick Woods Suffers Seizure, Shows Swollen Face & Lips On Instagram
- Hot Spot: Diddy Called Danity Kane Members Ugly?!
- A French Show Thought Using Blackface To Hide The Identity Of A Teen Rape Victim Would Be A Good Idea
- Rickey Smiley Shares A Funny Story About Erykah Badu and Steve Harvey
- New Twitter Feature Will Give Life To Old Tweets
- Ryan Henry Speaks Out Against Those Making Disparaging Comments About His Slain Sister
- Erykah Badu’s Badussy Incense Sell Out! Here’s How To Get Some
- George Zimmerman Files $265M Lawsuit Against Pete Buttigieg & Elizabeth Warren
- Black Tony Got Locked Up! [VIDEO]