Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- One Player Who Is Still Kneeling With Colin Kaepernick
- Church Announcements: What Happened When 5 Pitbull Puppies Were Let Loose In The Church Van [EXCLUSIVE]
- Gucci Mane Soaking In The Blue Lagoon [VIDEO]
- Netflix Boots Top Executive Over N-Word Use
- Why Can’t Some Black Women Let Go Of R. Kelly? [VIDEO]
- XXXTentacion Laced His Family With New Cribs Before Murder
- Priest Slaps A Crying Baby [VIDEO]
- Man Considers Legal Action After Racist Manager Called Cops To Ban Him From Grocery Store
- Avoid Co-Parenting Drama With These Simple Steps
- Rickey Smiley Explains What Qualifies As A Man Law Violation [EXCLUSIVE]