Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s “Babies & Bitcoin | Episode 38”
- Chris Brown Calls Kyrie Irving A “Real Hero” For Refusing Vaccination: “I Stand With My Brother”
- Hot Spot: Is Cardi B. Going To Jail?! [WATCH]
- What’s Trending? Should People Who Watch & Record Crimes Be Charged? [WATCH]
- Charles Barkley Rips Kyrie Irving On Inside The NBA, Says He’s No Muhammad Ali
- Billy Porter Slams Harry Styles’ December Vogue Cover Shoot Of Him Wearing A Dress
- Philadelphia Woman Raped On Train While Onlookers Recorded Without Helping
- Beyoncé & Jay-Z Bring Blue Ivy On Their ‘Date Night’ In New Tiffany & Co. Ad
- Beyoncé Flicks It Up For The ‘Gram And Her Hubby In This Stunning Mint Plunge Silk Dress
- Eve Reveals That Found Out She Was Pregnant Right Before ‘Verzuz’ Battle With Trina