Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- A$AP Rocky Says He’s Not Embarrassed By Sex Addiction
- Gabrielle Union Says Casting Director Once Chose Bianca Lawson For A Role Over Her Because She Was “Prettier”
- This Is What Happened When Mike From “Bachelor In Paradise” Asked Keke Palmer Out On A Date On Live TV
- Watch Tisha Campbell Tearfully Reunite With Unsuspecting Half-Sister On The Real
- Hail To The King! Regina King Slays Her Marie Claire Cover
- Lauren London Granted Guardianship Over The Estate of Her & Nipsey Hussle’s Son
- Author Alice Walker Responds To Homophobic Actress Fired From ‘The Color Purple’ Production
- Gabrielle Union Shuts Down IG With Pics Of Her Natural Curls
- Dave East Reflects On How Hiphop Shaped His Upbringing [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Rack City: Tyga Inks Multi-Million Dollar Deal With Columbia Records