Yesterday, at his former high school in Parkland, FL, a 19-year-old man walked in and opened fire. He killed 17 people, wounded 14 others, and sent 5 to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Now, he faces 17 counts of premeditated murder. In the aftermath of shooting, it is learned that most people knew the shooter was a troubled kid, and even predicted he would carry out such a massacre.
Psychologist Dr. Alduan Tartt talked with Rickey Smiley about the incident, and what parents can do in the aftermath. He talks about managing the anxiety that comes with sending your kids to school in this day and age. Dr. Tartt also explains how a certain lack in our education system causes us to drop the ball on preventing these shootings, and we need to start thinking of and treating mental illness. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Da Brat Clears Up Rumors Surrounding In Her Interview On Kandi Burruss’s “Speak On It” [WATCH]
- Joe Biden Discusses The Current State Of The Country & His Presidency Plans [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- One Officer Indicted In Connection With Breonna Taylor’s Murder
- Trick-Or-Treating Among Activities To Avoid This Halloween According To The CDC
- Uncle Ben’s Rice Brand Gets A Name Change
- Kanye West Responds To Ma$e After He Was Called Out For Being A Hypocrite
- Alicia Keys Launches Beauty And Wellness Brand Keys Soulcare
- Wendy Williams Shows Off 25-Pound Weight Loss
- Vivica A. Fox Clears Up That She Recently Tested Negative For COVID-19
- Lauryn Hill’s ‘The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill’ Crowned Best Hip-Hop Album Of All-Time By Rolling Stone