Paramount Players and Imagine Entertainment have launched development of a biopic on musician Gucci Mane based on his “The Autobiography of Gucci Mane.”
The studio has obtained life rights to Mane, whose real name is Radric Delantic Davis, and movie rights to the book. Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Erica Huggins will produce the project. Mane and Todd Moskowitz will executive produce.
Mane is a pioneer of the hip-hop genre known as trap music. He made his studio album debut in 2005 with “Trap House,” the first of a dozen studio albums, followed by “Hard to Kill.”
Now the question is, will Guwap direct?
- Eddie Murphy Reveals His Plans To Return To Stand-Up
- T.I. & Tiny’s Lawyer Shuts Down Claim They Tried Giving Alleged Sex Abuse Victims A “Deal”
- WNBA Champion Candace Parker Used Her G-14 Classification To School Shaq On Modern Basketball
- Gary’s Tea: Can We Really Compare Chloe Bailey To Beyonce’? [WATCH]
- Kenya Moore Says LaToya Ali Kissing Other Women Didn’t Make Her Jealous
- Maia Chaka Makes History As The First Black Woman Referee To Join NFL
- After Being Sued By Her Sister, Mariah Carey’s Brother Is Now Suing For “Emotional Distress”
- Toronto Raptors’ Jump in COVID-19 Infections Reportedly Due to Weak Protocol Follow-Through
- 5 Podcasts Every Black Women Should Listen To In 2021
- Nostalgic AF: TikTok User Shares Black Sitcom-Inspired Outfits To Celebrate BHM
Photo: Prince Williams