The legendary DJ Lovebug Starski has passed away. The Hip-Hop pioneer was just 57.
According to multiple sources, Starski, born Kevin Smith, died suddenly in Las Vegas today (Feb. 8). Per Chuck D, via HipHopDX, the Bronx legend’s cause of death was a heart attack.
Along with the late Cowboy of the Furious 5, Starski is credited with coining the word “Hip-Hop.” Starski was a DJ and MC, and managed to still thrive when Hip-Hop went from street routines to actual recordings.
A number of Hip-hop notables are paying tribute to Lovebug Starski.
Rest in powerful peace.
- Rickey Smiley Encourages Parents To Free Themselves [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why One Woman Was Denied A Job [EXCLUSIVE]
- Newark High School Principal Creates Laundry Room To Combat Bullying
- Black Tony Misses Work To Go To 2 Chainz Wedding [EXCLUSIVE]
- Was Nicki Minaj’s Twitter Rant Too Much? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Extra Security Is Needed At The MTV VMA’s [EXCLUSIVE]
- Rickey Smiley’s Message To Parents: “Don’t Allow Your Kids To Hold You In Bondage” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Drake Disses Kanye West While Performing in Chicago
- Pastor Shirley Caesar Says Aretha Franklin Could Close A Show
- ‘Insecure’ Recap: Daniel Extends Issa’s Squatting Tour To His Bed