The legendary DJ Lovebug Starski has passed away. The Hip-Hop pioneer was just 57.
According to multiple sources, Starski, born Kevin Smith, died suddenly in Las Vegas today (Feb. 8). Per Chuck D, via HipHopDX, the Bronx legend’s cause of death was a heart attack.
Along with the late Cowboy of the Furious 5, Starski is credited with coining the word “Hip-Hop.” Starski was a DJ and MC, and managed to still thrive when Hip-Hop went from street routines to actual recordings.
A number of Hip-hop notables are paying tribute to Lovebug Starski.
Rest in powerful peace.
- Black Tony In Need Of Comfort After Dog Dies
- Gary’s Tea: Twitter Is Outraged Over Serena Williams GQ Cover, Towanda Braxton Buys Herself A Mansion & More [VIDEO]
- H.E.R. Opens Up About Why She’s Such A Private Person And Janet Jackson Coming To Her Show [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Rickey Smiley For Real: The Awkward Moment You And Your Ex Are Forced To Be Around Each Other [VIDEO]
- California Inmates Are Being Paid $1 An Hour To Fight Massive Wildfire
- All The Ways Michelle Obama Has Thrown Shade at Trump
- Amazon Is Bringing Their New Headquarters To Northern Virginia
- CNN Sues Donald Trump Over First & Fifth Amendment Rights
- Jill Scott Got Everybody Talkin’ Nasty For This One Reason [VIDEO]
- AM Roundup: GQ Sparks Serena Williams Controversy, The Game’s Wildfire Conspiracy, Missy & Timbaland Head Back to the Studio