Larenz Tate talks about hosting the Trumpet Awards, which air this coming weekend on BounceTV. he explains why they are a different kind of award show; geared to the specific purpose of celebrating achievement in the black community, rather than simply being about competition. He also talks about his role on “Power” last season, and how manages to play “the most like-able dirtbags,” as Headkrack put it. He talks about his character, Councilman Rashad Tate, and how he has made him so likeable.
Larenz gives us a glimpse into the upcoming fifth season of Power, and how working with 50 Cent and the team behind the show makes for such great TV. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Mack Daddy Diddy Shoots Down Lori Harvey Pregnancy Rumors
- Evelyn Lozada Urged To File Restraining Order Against ‘Basketball Wives’ Co-Star OG
- White Student In Viral Blackface Photo Attacks People For ‘Blasting’ The Photo
- First Black NBA Player Gets Posthumous Basketball Hall Of Fame Induction
- Berry Gordy Donates $4 Million To Detroit’s Motown Museum
- Syracuse University Names Scholarship After Exonerated Five’s Kevin Richardson
- Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade Launch T-Shirt Line Supporting The LGBTQ Community
- Kurupt Falls Off The Wagon, Alcohol Banned From ‘Marriage Boot Camp’
- Rock T’s Joke Of The Day: Comforting Rappers [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Christina Milian Broke Into Nick Cannon’s Phone And Went Through It For A Month To Catch Him Cheating