Nearly 24 years ago Nas gave us the “Illmatic” album. It is known as a classic hip-hop album that showed off his amazing rap talent. According to Revolt, Nas was recently honored by the New York City’s mayor’s office and then delivered a concert like we’ve never seen before.
He put a twist on the classic “Illmatic” album by rapping with the National Symphony Orchestra. The performance was in Washington, D.C. at the Kennedy Center. He performed “It Aint’t Hard to Tell,” N.Y. State of Mine” and more.
During his performance the rapper said, “Thank you for giving me 20 years of your ears.” Watch the performance and let us know your thoughts of it. We wonder if more rappers will do unforgettable performances like this.
RELATED: Did Nicki Minaj & Nas Breakup?
- Swae Lee’s Boo Tried To Come For Ming Lee Simmons Over Her Man But Got Destroyed By Teenage Aoki Simmons (And Twitter)
- R. Kelly in Solitary Confinement, Fears for Life Behind Bars
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Flaunts Banging Body on IG & We’re ‘Green’ With Envy
- Earth, Wind & Fire, ‘Sesame Street’ Among 2019 Kennedy Center Honorees
- Report: Keke Palmer Being Considered For Permanent Position on Good Morning America
- Eddie Murphy Says Sammy Davis Jr. Revealed He Worshipped The Devil
- The Power of Twitter: Meek Mill Connects With Viral Producer, DJ Track Addict, Shares Snippet Of Song
- WHY? Man Uses Bare Feet To Operate On-Flight Video Screen [VIDEO]
- Morehouse Employee Placed On Leave After Several Students Allege Sexual Misconduct
- Spike Lee’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Series Canceled By Netflix After 2 Seasons