Nearly 24 years ago Nas gave us the “Illmatic” album. It is known as a classic hip-hop album that showed off his amazing rap talent. According to Revolt, Nas was recently honored by the New York City’s mayor’s office and then delivered a concert like we’ve never seen before.
He put a twist on the classic “Illmatic” album by rapping with the National Symphony Orchestra. The performance was in Washington, D.C. at the Kennedy Center. He performed “It Aint’t Hard to Tell,” N.Y. State of Mine” and more.
During his performance the rapper said, “Thank you for giving me 20 years of your ears.” Watch the performance and let us know your thoughts of it. We wonder if more rappers will do unforgettable performances like this.
RELATED: Did Nicki Minaj & Nas Breakup?
- Harrowing Photos Of Border Patrol With Whips On Horseback Hunting Haitian Migrants Evoke Images Of Slavery
- The Way Gabby Petito’s Fiancé Brian Laundrie Has Evaded Arrest Epitomizes White Privilege
- Toni Braxton Launches Body Care Brand “Nude Sugar” For Women of Color
- Sha’Carri Richardson Responds to Usain Bolt Telling Her To “Be Focused and Not Say Too Much”
- Kerry Washington Honors Michael K. Williams At 2021 Emmy Awards
- After Pfizer’s News Of Promising Vaccine Results, Concerns Linger About Vaccine Equity for Under 12 Year Olds
- EXCLUSIVE: Nia Long On Passing Of Anthony ‘A.J.’ Johnson: ‘A.J. Was A Joy To Work With On Set’
- Is The NBA Working With Feds? Carmelo Anthony Seems To Think So
- Wack 100 Claims To Have Part 2 of Kim Kardashian & Ray J’s Legendary Sex Tape
- Niecy Nash’s Hollywood Glam Look Is What The Emmys Red Carpet Needed