Nearly 24 years ago Nas gave us the “Illmatic” album. It is known as a classic hip-hop album that showed off his amazing rap talent. According to Revolt, Nas was recently honored by the New York City’s mayor’s office and then delivered a concert like we’ve never seen before.
He put a twist on the classic “Illmatic” album by rapping with the National Symphony Orchestra. The performance was in Washington, D.C. at the Kennedy Center. He performed “It Aint’t Hard to Tell,” N.Y. State of Mine” and more.
During his performance the rapper said, “Thank you for giving me 20 years of your ears.” Watch the performance and let us know your thoughts of it. We wonder if more rappers will do unforgettable performances like this.
RELATED: Did Nicki Minaj & Nas Breakup?
- Woman Claims She Was Attacked By Bed Bugs While Sleeping At Disneyland Hotel
- Remy Ma And Papoose’s ‘Grease’ Inspired Baby Shower Was So Cute! [PHOTOS]
- President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Ramps Up With Awards, Conference
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Cookie And Lucious Kill Kingsley With Kindness
- Lil Jon To Open Up Second School In Ghana
- Gary’s Tea: Nicki Minaj Reveals More About Her Dating Life, Michael B. Jordan Earns A Spot On GQ’s “Man Of The Year” & More
- Rickey Smiley On How He’s Challenging His Kids Now To Have Successful Careers In The Future
- White Professor Calls Police On Black Student Who Put Her Feet Up In Class [Video]
- Chance The Rapper Partners With MGM To Bring ‘Hope’ To The Big Screen
- Jumping The Broom! Toni Braxton To Marry By The End Of The Year [VIDEO]