Nearly 24 years ago Nas gave us the “Illmatic” album. It is known as a classic hip-hop album that showed off his amazing rap talent. According to Revolt, Nas was recently honored by the New York City’s mayor’s office and then delivered a concert like we’ve never seen before.
He put a twist on the classic “Illmatic” album by rapping with the National Symphony Orchestra. The performance was in Washington, D.C. at the Kennedy Center. He performed “It Aint’t Hard to Tell,” N.Y. State of Mine” and more.
During his performance the rapper said, “Thank you for giving me 20 years of your ears.” Watch the performance and let us know your thoughts of it. We wonder if more rappers will do unforgettable performances like this.
RELATED: Did Nicki Minaj & Nas Breakup?
- Soulja Boy’s Former Assistant Accuses Him Of Sexual Battery and Assault
- R.I.P. Gregory Sierra of ‘Sanford and Son’ and ‘Barney Miller’ Dies at Age 83
- Trey Songz Arrested After Physical Altercation With Officers At Kansas City Chiefs’ Game
- Candace Owens Becomes Mother To A Black Baby Boy
- Breonna Taylor Grand Jurors Want Attorney General Daniel Cameron Impeached
- Lil Kim Wants Teyana Taylor To Play Her In A Biopic
- Black Excellence: UCLA Gymnast Nia Dennis Stuns With Viral Floor Routine Incorporating Kendrick Lamar and 2Pac
- Broadcasting Legend Larry King Dies At 87
- Congress Grants Waiver For Lloyd Austin To Become First Black Secretary Of Defense
- Viral Sensation DJ Amorphous Lands Huge Placement On Fat Joe’s New Single “Sunshine”