These days, conversations about sexual assault and rape have taken more center stage in society and culture. A super underreported crime, most women have been assaulted or harassed in their lifetime. Recently, women in Hollywood have been coming forward to tell decades-old stories have suffering under sexual harassment, rape and intimidation from the most powerful forces in the business.
Because of how underreported sexual assault is, society has undergone a transformation with the way we handle allegations. Rarely do cases make it to court (women are often fired or threatened for making allegations), so they end up being tried in the court of the public. Is it unfair for these cases to play out in the public, and for people to be punished on the basis of accusations? Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Cam’ron Honors Son’s Mother, Buys Her A Range Rover [PHOTOS]
- One Player Who Is Still Kneeling With Colin Kaepernick
- Church Announcements: What Happened When 5 Pitbull Puppies Were Let Loose In The Church Van [EXCLUSIVE]
- Gucci Mane Soaking In The Blue Lagoon [VIDEO]
- Netflix Boots Top Executive Over N-Word Use
- Why Can’t Some Black Women Let Go Of R. Kelly? [VIDEO]
- XXXTentacion Laced His Family With New Cribs Before Murder
- Priest Slaps A Crying Baby [VIDEO]
- Man Considers Legal Action After Racist Manager Called Cops To Ban Him From Grocery Store
- Avoid Co-Parenting Drama With These Simple Steps