Post Malone isn’t the first and will not be the last White rapper to get into hip-hop. According to XXL, rappers such as Eminem, G-Eazy, Macklemore and more have all been successful, but Malone believes it’s a struggle that some won’t understand. According to Bossip, in a recent interview Malone spoke about being a White rapper and having hard times.
He said, “I definitely feel like there’s a struggle being a White rapper. But I don’t want to be a rapper. I just want to be a person that makes music. I make music that I like, and I think that kicks ass, that I think people who fuck with me as a person and as an artist will like.”
Malone has spoken out several times about hip-hop and how people don’t listen to it if they want to be emotional. He said, “There’s great hip-hop songs where they talk about life and they really spit that real shit, but right now, you know, there’s not a lot of people talking about shit. Whenever I wanna cry, whenever I wanna sit down and have a nice cry, I’ll listen to some, like, Bob Dylan.”
- Hot Spot: Ciara & Russell Wilson Ink A Deal With Amazon & Andra Day Talks Overcoming Porn Addiction
- Congrats, Drizzy: The Numerous Projects That Make Drake Billboard’s Artist of the Decade
- Foul Play? D.C. Police Search Landfill After 2-Month-Old Goes Missing
- New York City To Offer Vaccine Shots At Subway Stations
- Dr. Maya Angelou To Appear On Limited Edition Quarter Coins In 2022
- This Milwaukee 5-Year-Old Didn’t Deserve To Die Over A Slice Of Cheesecake…
- Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Her Snatched Figure In An All-Red Bodysuit And We’re Here For It!
- Michael Jordan Shares His Last Ever Text Conversation With Kobe Bryant
- Gary’s Tea: Cathy Hughes Spills Tea On Wendy Williams & Blasts Rickey’s Dating Life [WATCH]
- Cathy Hughes Talks Urban One Honors, Stories Of DMX, & More Coming To TVOne [WATCH]