Post Malone isn’t the first and will not be the last White rapper to get into hip-hop. According to XXL, rappers such as Eminem, G-Eazy, Macklemore and more have all been successful, but Malone believes it’s a struggle that some won’t understand. According to Bossip, in a recent interview Malone spoke about being a White rapper and having hard times.
He said, “I definitely feel like there’s a struggle being a White rapper. But I don’t want to be a rapper. I just want to be a person that makes music. I make music that I like, and I think that kicks ass, that I think people who fuck with me as a person and as an artist will like.”
Malone has spoken out several times about hip-hop and how people don’t listen to it if they want to be emotional. He said, “There’s great hip-hop songs where they talk about life and they really spit that real shit, but right now, you know, there’s not a lot of people talking about shit. Whenever I wanna cry, whenever I wanna sit down and have a nice cry, I’ll listen to some, like, Bob Dylan.”
- The Black Ballot: How Do HBCUs Fit Into ‘The Black Vote’?
- AG Bill Barr Compares National Mandate For Coronavirus Lockdowns To Slavery
- Foot Locker Partners With Rock The Vote, Customers Will Be Able To Register To Vote In Stores
- Here’s What NeNe Leakes Had To Say About Not Returning To Real Housewives Of Atlanta
- Floyd Mayweather Has Reportedly Been Offered A Contract To Fight Logan Paul
- Hot Spot: Twitter Blocks Kanye West Because Of His Contract Outburst [WATCH]
- National President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Beverly Evans Smith Shares How Communities Will Benefit From The 2020 Census [WATCH]
- Kanye West Pisses On His Grammy Award, Dubs Himself ‘Baby Putin’
- Mom Of Eric Garner, Launches Petition To Declare September 15 “Eric Garner Day” In NYC
- ICE Whistleblower Claims Mass Hysterectomies Performed On Migrant Women At Georgia Detention Center