Post Malone isn’t the first and will not be the last White rapper to get into hip-hop. According to XXL, rappers such as Eminem, G-Eazy, Macklemore and more have all been successful, but Malone believes it’s a struggle that some won’t understand. According to Bossip, in a recent interview Malone spoke about being a White rapper and having hard times.
He said, “I definitely feel like there’s a struggle being a White rapper. But I don’t want to be a rapper. I just want to be a person that makes music. I make music that I like, and I think that kicks ass, that I think people who fuck with me as a person and as an artist will like.”
Malone has spoken out several times about hip-hop and how people don’t listen to it if they want to be emotional. He said, “There’s great hip-hop songs where they talk about life and they really spit that real shit, but right now, you know, there’s not a lot of people talking about shit. Whenever I wanna cry, whenever I wanna sit down and have a nice cry, I’ll listen to some, like, Bob Dylan.”
- I Hate The Homies Podcast “Cuffing Season” | Episode 20
- Diddy Is The Ultimate Girl Dad While Cheering On The Combs Twins
- Stephen A. Smith Explains Why His Mother Wanted Him To Release His Memoir After She Passed Away
- Front Page News: California Approves Bill Limiting Lyrics As Evidence In Criminal Trials Against Rappers [WATCH]
- Real Housewives of Nigeria?! Porsha Williams Says She’s 44% Nigerian & Black Twitter Eats Her Up!
- Biden Administration Changes Eligibility Requirements For Student Loan Debt Relief Plan
- Beyoncé Shares A Sweet Tribute To Sister Solange After Ballet Debut
- Mind, Body & Business Podcast With Maria More ‘Healthy Money’ | Episode 6
- Keke Palmer Launches Digital Network Designed To Celebrate Creatives
- ‘Power Book III: Raising Kanan’ Recap: Paloma Is Robbing Kanan’s Cradle, Lou Lou Makes A Deal With The Devil