During her press rounds for her new starring role in broadway musical ‘Chicago,’ Kandi Burruss weighed in on Xscape’s upcoming album. The new project will be missing Kandi’s voice, after attempts to reunite fell through.
The Georgia peach told Madame Noire she fears new music from the R&B group will squander their legacy.
“As soon as the girls and I started talking initially I had told them I didn’t really want to do new music and the main reason is because I feel like I don’t want to mess with our legacy,” she told the site.
“When we were a group we had three platinum albums, all of our albums were hits, we never had a flop album and things are not how they used to be back then.”
The ‘RHOA’ staple went on to explain the women’s creative differences won’t yield a successful album.
You can watch the clip below:
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Quarantine Meals: Pulled Pork Sliders With Carolina Gold Slaw Recipe [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Report: Derek Chauvin, Ex-Minneapolis Cop At Center Of George Floyd’s Death, Arrested
- Black Tony Is Babysitting And He’s Scared! [WATCH]
- Ro James Talks The Influence Of Gospel Music And His New Album ‘Mantic’ [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Kel Mitchell And His Wife Announce Their Second Baby Using “Wipe It Down” Tik Tok Challenge
- Gym Patrol Gary: White Man Loses Office Lease After Calling Police On Black Entrepreneurs Using Gym
- Looking Ready To Pop, Ciara Debuts A Platinum Blonde Lewk
- Minneapolis Protestors Set Fire To Police Station Then Set Off Fireworks [VIDEO]
- Did Fired Officer Derek Chauvin Know George Floyd?
Kandi Burruss Fears New Xscape Album Will Ruin The Group’s Legacy [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com