During her press rounds for her new starring role in broadway musical ‘Chicago,’ Kandi Burruss weighed in on Xscape’s upcoming album. The new project will be missing Kandi’s voice, after attempts to reunite fell through.
The Georgia peach told Madame Noire she fears new music from the R&B group will squander their legacy.
“As soon as the girls and I started talking initially I had told them I didn’t really want to do new music and the main reason is because I feel like I don’t want to mess with our legacy,” she told the site.
“When we were a group we had three platinum albums, all of our albums were hits, we never had a flop album and things are not how they used to be back then.”
The ‘RHOA’ staple went on to explain the women’s creative differences won’t yield a successful album.
You can watch the clip below:
- Kanye West Spoke To Joe Rogan For 3 Hours, Says Oprah Told Him Not To Run
- Gary’s Tea: Wendy Williams’ Staff Worried About Her Health & On-Air Behavior [WATCH]
- Money Matters With Jini Thornton: Here’s What You Need To Know About Financial Aid During The Pandemic [WATCH]
- Ice Cube Shares Details Of Talk With Trump, Says He’s “Not Playing Politics”
- NBA Player Zach Randolph’s Wife Files For Divorce Weeks After A “Hacked” Tweet
- JAY-Z Announces His First Cannabis Brand, MONOGRAM
- Kristen Welker Achieves The Seemingly Impossible Of Keeping Order At Final Debate
- Busta Rhymes Shows Off Rock-Solid Abs, 50 Cent Throws Light Jabs
- It Sure Seems Like Black Folks Are Fueling The Record Number Of Early Voters
- “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” Rapper Silento Arrested After Allegedly Driving 143 MPH
Kandi Burruss Fears New Xscape Album Will Ruin The Group’s Legacy [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com