During her press rounds for her new starring role in broadway musical ‘Chicago,’ Kandi Burruss weighed in on Xscape’s upcoming album. The new project will be missing Kandi’s voice, after attempts to reunite fell through.
The Georgia peach told Madame Noire she fears new music from the R&B group will squander their legacy.
“As soon as the girls and I started talking initially I had told them I didn’t really want to do new music and the main reason is because I feel like I don’t want to mess with our legacy,” she told the site.
“When we were a group we had three platinum albums, all of our albums were hits, we never had a flop album and things are not how they used to be back then.”
The ‘RHOA’ staple went on to explain the women’s creative differences won’t yield a successful album.
You can watch the clip below:
- Kym Whitley Says She & Mo’Nique Are Still Friends Despite Situation With Gerald Levert [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Porsha Williams Is OUT! The New RHOA Cast Is Revealed + Kym Whitley Talks Marlon Wayans
- Video Shows NY Restaurant Deny Service To Family Claiming Religious Vaccine Exemptions
- Another Day, Another Remake: A Reimagining Of ‘The Bodyguard’ Is Underway At Warner Bros
- After Sabotaging Breonna Taylor Case, Daniel Cameron Wants Kentucky To Be ‘National Model For Search Warrants’
- Wendy Williams Hospitalized For Psychiatric Evaluation While Also Battling COVID
- T.I. & Tiny Avoid Sexual Assault Charges Due To Statute Of Limitations
- Hot Spot: Should Lil Mo Forgive Fat Joe For Calling Her A Dusty B**ch Who Lives In A Crackhouse?
- Gary’s Tea: Gabrielle Union Finally Opens Up About Dwyane Wade’s “Break Baby” [WATCH]
- New York State To Ban All Gasoline Operated Cars By 2035
Kandi Burruss Fears New Xscape Album Will Ruin The Group’s Legacy [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com