Don’t we all wish we could accidentally make millions like 50 Cent did? According to Complex, the rapper and mogul sold a $60 million share in Effen Vodka and then made millions by getting into cryptocurrency. 50 Cent is the first rapper to accept bitcoin as a payment for his album “Animal Ambition” and it earned him 700 bitcoins.
During that time bitcoin was only worth $662 and he made $463,000 in sales. Reports state that the rapper left the 700 bitcoins in his account for several years. Now, bitcoins value at nearly $11,000 and he has over $7 million because of it.
50 Cent even talked about it on social media and said, “Not Bad for a kid from South Side, I’m so proud of me.🤷🏽♂️💰LOL #denofthieves.” One of his lowest selling albums still ended up making him a lot of money. Enjoy that bitcoin money 50 Cent.
RELATED: 50 Cent Wins “Power” Lawsuit
- HBCU U-KNOW: Tuskegee University Grads – Successful Black Veterinarians & Reality TV Stars [WATCH]
- Wellness Wednesday: The Health Benefits From Walking 2-4 Miles Daily [WATCH]
- The Murder Of Tyre Nichols: A Timeline Of Events
- The Hot Spot: Jay-Z Opens Up About Beyoncé ‘Album of the Year’ Loss [WATCH]
- Exclusive: Lyfe Jennings Talks New Music, Battling Stage Anxiety And Rebuilding His Brand
- Now, That’s Black History! TSU’s Aristocrat of Bands Celebrates Legendary Grammy Wins
- Black Tony Blesses The Morning Show With Some Poetry [WATCH]
- Quotes You Should Read During Black History Month
- Black Talent Alfre Woodard & Laurence Fishburne Lead In Marvel’s ‘Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur’
- ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Is The Most Watched Marvel Film On Disney+