Don’t we all wish we could accidentally make millions like 50 Cent did? According to Complex, the rapper and mogul sold a $60 million share in Effen Vodka and then made millions by getting into cryptocurrency. 50 Cent is the first rapper to accept bitcoin as a payment for his album “Animal Ambition” and it earned him 700 bitcoins.
During that time bitcoin was only worth $662 and he made $463,000 in sales. Reports state that the rapper left the 700 bitcoins in his account for several years. Now, bitcoins value at nearly $11,000 and he has over $7 million because of it.
50 Cent even talked about it on social media and said, “Not Bad for a kid from South Side, I’m so proud of me.🤷🏽♂️💰LOL #denofthieves.” One of his lowest selling albums still ended up making him a lot of money. Enjoy that bitcoin money 50 Cent.
RELATED: 50 Cent Wins “Power” Lawsuit
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- I Never, Ever Left My Niece Alone In The Studio: Sparkle Shares What Was Left Out Of “Surviving R. Kelly” [VIDEO]
- Hip-Hop Spot: Migos Almost Performed For The Super Bowl, Common Speaks Out About Travis Scott & More
- Gary’s Tea: Mariah Carey Sues Former Assistant For Allegedly Stealing, Trina Wants To Have A Baby & More
- Chance The Rapper Joins The Backstreet Boys In Super Bowl Ad Teaser [VIDEO]
- “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” To Act Alongside Mekhi Phifer & Bryshere Gray In The Movie ‘Canal Street’ [VIDEO]
- Gladys Knight To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl LIII, Issues Statement On Colin Kaepernick
- Sony Music Parts Ways With R. Kelly, New Accuser Sits Down With Dateline For Interview [VIDEO]
- Chrissy Teigen & John Legend Relive The Huge Fight They Had At Kim & Kanye’s Wedding [VIDEO]
- Perdue Farms Recalls 68,244 Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets