It is rare when people of the world make a request, a declaration, or a call to action of sorts and their cries are actually answered. But it recently happened after Migos fan Sean Fray came up with the idea that the national anthem should feature a verse from Quavo. His petition has more than 9,100 signatures and is to be delivered to President Donald Trump, the United States Supreme Court, the U.S. Senate, and the U.S. House of Representatives. It’s a simple request made, but it’s often a small spark that lights a fire of change.
It turns out that Quavo himself caught wind of the campaign. He tweeted: “So they want Huncho to be featured on the National Anthem let’s roll.” Fast forward to today, and the Atlanta rapper took the challenge head-on, releasing his own interpretation of the national anthem, titled “Culture National Anthem.”
The song was released on Twitter yesterday (January 15), the same day we honored Martin Luther King, Jr., and the video includes a montage of footage of Dr. King leading peaceful protests and marches.
News also broke that the follow up to Migos’ successful debut album Culture, Culture II, will be released on January 26. With the lead single “Motorsport” featuring Cardi B and Nicki Minaj achieving big-time success on the charts, it’s looking like Quavo, Offset, and Takeoff could be remixing more of our nation’s songs soon enough.
- Jussie Smollett’s Older Brother Breaks His Silence In Powerful Essay
- Cardi B Rejects Plea Deal In Strip Club Bartender Beat Down Case
- John Singleton Suffers Stroke
- Ari Fletcher Details Alleged Violent Beating She Suffered From G Herbo
- Bill Cosby Sues Lawyers For Fleecing Him For $1 Million A Month In Fees
- South Carolina Fifth Grader Died Of Natural Causes, Not A Fight According To Officials
- Howard Students Feel Disrespected By Residents Who Think The Campus Should Be Moved
- Brian Banks Accused Of Masturbating In Front Of Maid, Slapped With $10M Lawsuit
- Remy Ma Accused of Punching Former ‘Love & Hip-Hop’ Co-Star
- 10-Year-Old Dancer Born With Rare Disease Goes Viral For Doing Flips With Her Prosthetic Leg [VIDEO]
Quavo Creates “Culture National Anthem” [NEW MUSIC] was originally published on cassiuslife.com