Kandi Burruss is making moves to protect her reputation as she wraps up a legal battle against a former employee.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star has filed a motion to seal the settlement of her court case against Johnnie Winston, The Jasmine Brand reports.
Kandi and Johnnie recently reached a agreement in the case, but it still needs to be approved. According to court documents, Kandi would like to keep the details of the settlement private to avoid public scrutiny and any potential further damage to her brand.
The Bravo reality star claims that bad press that got out about her during proceedings harmed her business because, as the motion states, Johnnie made her look like the “Boss from Hell” throughout the case.
“Ms. Burruss-Tucker’s business and professional reputation should not suffer here simply based on Burruss-Tucker’s celebrity status,” the filing states, “because the Parties’ have found that settling the matter will be less of a nuisance and drain on personal, and the Court’s resources, than continued litigation.”
There’s no word yet on whether a judge will approve her motion.
- Michelle Williams Is Okay With Not Being A Destiny’s Child Fan Favorite: “I Still Got Paid!” [VIDEO]
- “I Feel So Disconnected From God”: Popular D.C.-Area Pastor Takes Sabbatical To Prioritize His Wellness
- 50 Cent Accuses Oprah Winfrey of Only “Going After Black Men” Accused of Sexual Misconduct
- They Are Coming For Our Babies: A Daycare In Florida Policed A 2-Year-Old’s Afro
- The Trailer For Lin Manuel Miranda’s ‘In The Heights’ Is Finally Here, And It Was Worth The Wait [VIDEO]
- R. Kelly Ex Asante McGee Claims She Was Groomed By “Sex Trainer” Assigned By The Singer
- DaBaby Gifts Ecstatic Fan With Tickets To Sold Out Show After Gas Station Freak Out
- Are Tiffany Haddish and Common a Thing?
- Quavo Has Officially Produced His First Horror Film
- Juice WRLD’s Family Speaks Out on Death and Addiction Struggles
Kandi Burruss: Ex-Employee Makes Me Look Like The Boss From Hell was originally published on hellobeautiful.com