Kandi Burruss is making moves to protect her reputation as she wraps up a legal battle against a former employee.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star has filed a motion to seal the settlement of her court case against Johnnie Winston, The Jasmine Brand reports.
Kandi and Johnnie recently reached a agreement in the case, but it still needs to be approved. According to court documents, Kandi would like to keep the details of the settlement private to avoid public scrutiny and any potential further damage to her brand.
The Bravo reality star claims that bad press that got out about her during proceedings harmed her business because, as the motion states, Johnnie made her look like the “Boss from Hell” throughout the case.
“Ms. Burruss-Tucker’s business and professional reputation should not suffer here simply based on Burruss-Tucker’s celebrity status,” the filing states, “because the Parties’ have found that settling the matter will be less of a nuisance and drain on personal, and the Court’s resources, than continued litigation.”
There’s no word yet on whether a judge will approve her motion.
- Gary’s Tea: LeToya Luckett’s Husband Speaks Out & Jeannie Mai Has A New Booty?! [VIDEO]
- Front Page News: This Fall Will Be The Worst One Yet [WATCH]
- Governor Brian Kemp Drops Lawsuit Against Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Over Atlanta’s Mask Mandate
- Boosie Gets Banned From Instagram & Begs Mark Zuckerberg For It Back
- It Begins: ‘Newsweek’ Wastes No Time Running Racist Birtherism Op-Ed About Kamala Harris Citizenship
- Quarantine Baby! Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Are Expecting Baby #3
- Ciara And Sienna Rock Matching Fros In ‘Rooted’ Single Art
- 3 Men Arrested For Allegedly Bribing and Intimidating Witnesses In R. Kelly Trial
- Going Postal: President Trump Seemingly Cops To Rigging The USPS In His Favor For Reelection Bid
- Mamba Forever: Orange County California Declares August 24 “Kobe Bryant Day”
Kandi Burruss: Ex-Employee Makes Me Look Like The Boss From Hell was originally published on hellobeautiful.com