Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Michole Briana White: Where You Know The Actress Who Plays Lucille Flenory On ‘BMF’ From
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Ben Crump Compares Tyre Nichols’ Footage To Rodney King: ‘Those Officers Did Not Extend Any Humanity’ [WATCH]
- Reginae Carter Oozes Style Goals On The Gram Yet Again
- Here’s Why Gas Prices Are Continuing To Rise In Maryland
- Members Of A Dangerous Alaskan White Supremacist Gang Get Sentenced To Life In Prison
- Ma$e Honored With Proclamation And His Own Day In Harlem
- Lauren London Wears A Cute Little Black Dress To ‘The Night Show’