Essence Magazine became a 100% black-owned company this week, run by black women. For an iconic magazine geared to black women, you would think that would be a given. But that makes it finally becoming a reality all the more exciting.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we celebrate this milestone for black media and business, let’s not forget about the black man who put his money together not only to acquire this crucial brand, but to make sure it stays in the hands of black women. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87
- Gary’s Tea: Is Cardi B. Faking Her Divorce For Her New Album? [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Today Is National Black Voter Day [WATCH]
- Off The Market: Halle Berry Confirms She And Van Hunt Are Boo’d Up
- Tatiana Maslany Tapped To Play She-Hulk In New Disney+ Series
- Netflix ‘Cheer’ Star Jerry Harris Arrested On Child Pornography Charges
- Chris Rock Says White People Are ‘Mentally Handicapped’ Abusers Who Don’t Understand Racism
- The Black Ballot: How Do HBCUs Fit Into ‘The Black Vote’?
- AG Bill Barr Compares National Mandate For Coronavirus Lockdowns To Slavery
- Foot Locker Partners With Rock The Vote, Customers Will Be Able To Register To Vote In Stores