Black Panther is about to hit theaters on February 16, 2018. The highly anticipated movie stars Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o and Michael B. Jordan. Twitter has been on fire about the film for months but there has allegedly been some side-eyes about Jordan and his dating history.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Back in 2015, Jordan, who plays Erik Killmonger in the Marvel film, was rumored to be dating Kylie Jenner and said this, “They see white and Black. I don’t. Kendall’s a friend of mine, you know. I don’t know her, like, that well, but I know her enough. People’s perspective on that is what it is. I don’t f*cking know. I don’t live my life to make other people happy. It’s so weird, though, right?” He also added, “A lot of Black fans were feeling like, ‘Oh, my God, he should have been with a Black woman’ and that whole thing. I get it, but on the other hand it’s, like, relax. You know—it’s 2015. It’s okay! People can like one another, not necessarily from the same history or culture or whatever the fuck it is. It’s just the new world, you know what I mean?” Many people interpreted Jordan as saying he doesn’t see color, which was strange to some considering Black women were his core fan-base.
After tons of backlash, Jordan released a statement to Essence.com, which read in part, “My fans who are women mean the world to me. This is especially true of Black women, who as a group have supported my work long before the industry knew my name. I deeply regret and am ashamed that I said anything to disappoint or disparage them.” He also wrote, “Although some of what I said was taken out of context, I take full responsibility for the interview and I apologize for the hurt and confusion it has caused. This has been an important lesson for me. I humbly ask my fans to grow with me, as I learn more about myself and this industry.” That said, the side-eyes from many in the Black community never stopped.
Fast-forward to today, Michael B. Jordan allegedly has a girlfriend who people believe to be white — Ashlyn Castro. Here is a picture of them, but there is no confirmation they are together.
Her racial identity isn’t clear but, reportedly, some folks are calling for a boycott of the movie. See below:
Some people are cosigning the boycott:
Others believe the boycott is ridiculous:
Who knows how legit this boycott is, but if there is any truth to it, remember that Black Panther is not just a Michael B. Jordan film — he doesn’t even play Black Panther, it’s Chadwick Boseman. Hopefully, people can let go of who the supporting actor is dating and enjoy one of the most anticipated Black films in years.
- For Papas Who Puff: Check Out These Smoker-Friendly Gifts For Father’s Day
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- The RZA Confirms Season 2 Of ‘Wu-Tang: An American Saga’ In 2021
- Pharrell Williams Set To Open Private School For Low Income Families In Virginia
- Do You Live In One Of 2021’s Most Fun States in America?
- Phoenix Suns And Denver Nuggets Fans Get Into Fight: “Suns In Four!”
- Cedric The Entertainer Reacts To Katt Williams ‘Stolen Joke’ Allegations
- A Vaping Violation Leads To Violent Arrest Of 4 Black Teens At Ocean City Boardwalk
- Mommy And Me: Nicki Minaj And ‘Papa Bear’ Wear Coordinating Sweatsuits In Adorable Instagram Photo
Calls Mount To Boycott “Black Panther” Because Michael B. Jordan Is Reportedly Dating A White Woman was originally published on newsone.com