Are you a chocolate lover? According to People, chocolate lovers have to start preparing to say goodbye to it. Scientist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration believe that by 2050 chocolate will not exist because of climate change. There is hope though, some candy companies such as Mars and Snickers have teamed up with the University of California to help save chocolate.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Reports state that most chocolate comes from West Africa. The plants that create it are located in the rainforest, but because of the rising temperatures its causing to push cacao farm into the mountain. This will effect the later generation of the plants.
More trees will be planted in the rainforest, which will help grow cacao seeds. These seeds help farm different breeds of them. For chocolate lovers we hope it never goes extinct.
- Mommy And Me: Nicki Minaj And ‘Papa Bear’ Wear Coordinating Sweatsuits In Adorable Instagram Photo
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict Goes Blonde Again And We’re Loving It!
- 13 Hospitalized After Mass Shooting On Austin’s Sixth Street
- Federal Judge Pauses Historic Funding For Black Farmers Because White Farmers Think It’s Racist
- Amid Calls To Defund Police, Law Enforcement Grapples With Low Recruitment Rates After George Floyd’s Death
- Meek Mill Helped Inspire Virginia’s Governor To Sign A New Probation Reform Bill
- Kim Kardashian Admits Kanye West’s “Moves From State To State” Led To Divorce
- Dr. Dre Is Officially A Single Man
- Where Are They Now: These 4 Black Entertainers Found Stardom After ‘American Idol’
- Alton Sterling’s Family Accepts $4.5M Settlement After Dropping Wrongful Death Suit