The young and profoundly talented Willow Smith wants you to know that fame isn’t always what it seems.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
In an interview with Girlgaze Zine, Willow Smith candidly describes her life in the public eye as, “excruciatingly terrible.” The 17-year-old singer told the mag, “Growing up and trying to figure out your life…while people feel like they have some sort of entitlement to know what’s going on, is absolutely, excruciatingly terrible. And the only way to get over it, is to go into it.”
Although Willow and her brother Jaden are both following their parents’ famous footsteps by pursuing careers in entertainment and music, she says having people in your business 24/7 is often damaging for celebrity kids. “I feel like most kids like me end up going down a spiral of depression, and the world is sitting there looking at them through their phones; laughing and making jokes and making memes at the crippling effect that this lifestyle has on the psyche.”
Willow’s rise to stardom began at the age of 10 when her popular dance hit “Whip my Hair” crushed the charts in 2010. Now, seven years later, she’s about to release her 2nd album “The 1st” where she touches on growing up from being a teenager to being a woman.
- Jada Pinkett Smith Lands Facebook Talk Show With Her Mom & Daughter
- Really Creative Drug Dealers Hid Hundreds Of Kilos Of Cocaine In Pineapples
- Kandi Burruss Says Kim Zolciak-Biermann Texted Her After Twitter Drama
- Was Taraji P. Henson’s Film “Proud Mary” Sabotaged?
When In France: Willow Smith, Michael B. Jordan, & More Spotted At Paris Fashion Week
1. Will and Willow Smith attend the Chanel show.Source:Splash News 1 of 13
2. Willow poses ahead of the Chanel show.Source:Splash News 2 of 13
3. Olivia Palermo hits up the Versace show.Source:Splash News 3 of 13
4. Lil Kim was spotted outside the Ralph & Russo show.Source:Splash News 4 of 13
5. Jourdan Dunn attends the Ralph & Russo show.Source:Splash News 5 of 13
6. Adriana Lima outside the Ralph & Russo show.Source:Splash News 6 of 13
7. Michael B. Jordan and A$AP Rocky attend the Dior Homme show.Source:Splash News 7 of 13
8. David Beckham at the Louis Vuitton Menswear show.Source:Splash News 8 of 13
9. Robert Pattinson at the Dior Homme show.Source:Splash News 9 of 13
10. Naomi Campbell spotted arriving at the Versace show.Source:Splash News 10 of 13
11. Bella Hadid attended the Versace show.Source:Splash News 11 of 13
12. Natalie Dormer at the Schiaparelli show.Source:Splash News 12 of 13
13. Dwyane Wade seen at the Dior Homme show.Source:Splash News 13 of 13
IMAGE CREDIT: Getty